What's new

Surface Pro Future

Is the Surface Pro Line Dead?

• Total voters

GTiceman

So after today's announcements does anyone feel that the Surface Pro line might be dying? I love my Surface Pro 3 and really don't want a Surface Book.

Just asking the question as my system is running strong and I don't have plans on retiring any time soon.

Next version, I hope, will get a larger screen. I would like a SP5 to be the screen size of an iPad Pro / Surface Book, but the form factor of the Surface Pro...

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Next version, I hope, will get a larger screen. I would like a SP5 to be the screen size of an iPad Pro / Surface Book, but the form factor of the Surface Pro...

Even if they can get a larger screen into the current form factor, I really hope they don't. Bezels serve a very important purpose, and the current bezel size is perfect right now.

OP
G

GTiceman

I like the form of the SP4, lighter by a tad and more battery would be great. I know we hit a slowdown because the lack of chip-sets for the Pro form factor. I want to see USB C as well, i Know it is rarer.

Really just threw this up for some healthy discussion. I love traveling with my SP3 and I am never going to the book if I can help it.

CrippsCorner

I'm planning to buy a new Surface Pro next year and the rumour is new Pro/Book versions will be revealed 'early' 2017... so looking good for me, although I'm sure they will just be small improvements from here on in for a few years.

Really tempted to get a Book, but I prefer a smaller device.