What's new

Surface Pro launches in Japan on June 7th, packs 256GB for the first time

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
surface-pro-japan-05-29-13-01.jpg

Japanese customers lusting after the Intel Core i5-powered hybrid will be able to claim one on June 8th, priced at 99,800 yen ($975) with 128GB of storage. The new 256GB iteration will premiere on shelves there for 119,800 yen ($1,175), and customers there will be able to adorn it with the Touch Cover for 9,980 yen ($100) and tactile key Type Cover for 10,980 yen ($110). Better still, Microsoft will toss in its pressure-sensitive pen (and Office 2013) for all the versions as well -- just in time for you to finally do something useful with it.

Continue Reading @: Surface Pro launches in Japan on June 7th, packs 256GB for the first time

J515OP

Super Moderator
What! They get more storage and Office. I guess that makes up for being the last market to get shipments.

[video=youtube;srHDgimlgTQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srHDgimlgTQ[/video]

Last edited:

jovopham

I like the concept of the Surface, but 128 is not enough, even with the 64 flash card.....if the 256 ever comes out in the USA, I'll buy 2 right away! One for myself and one for my wife!

Angel

Lets say hypothetically I had say 1300 cash right now and someone knew a MS sales person and I said they could have it for the 256gb pro with office what would the response be? Sorry I don't know anything about a 256gb model lol