Surface Pro no longer recognizes type-cover

So my issues with the build quality of the SP3 continue... To date:

1st SP3: yellow line on left side of screen
2nd SP3: yellow line again
3rd SP3: back light bleeding + yellow line again
4th SP3: Jagged edges / unevenly positioned screen within the chassis
5th SP3: yellow line again
6th SP3: Stopped recognizing any/all typecovers

I literally haven't made it through 1 month with any of my SP3's. Luckily the Microsoft store has an amazing, no questions asked return policy.

And I just picked up my 7th. Still love the device, but reaaaalllllyyyy hoping for some better quality assurance on the SP4!!

mitchellvii

Man dude you have some seriously bad luck. That yellow line business is maddening. I got very lucky with my replacement unit and no yellow line. One sort of lame ghetto solution that works is just to cover it with the taskbar and make the taskbar a dark color. Out of sight out of mind.

OP
M

markusbeutel

Man dude you have some seriously bad luck. That yellow line business is maddening. I got very lucky with my replacement unit and no yellow line. One sort of lame ghetto solution that works is just to cover it with the taskbar and make the taskbar a dark color. Out of sight out of mind.

Lol Yeah I've actually been doing that all the way through - 7th one might be my best so far though, hardly any bleeding and not a trace of yellow.

mitchellvii

Lol Yeah I've actually been doing that all the way through - 7th one might be my best so far though, hardly any bleeding and not a trace of yellow.

Excellent! Call MS and tell them your sad tale. Maybe they'll give you a gift card for your suffering.

P.S. You'll always have some light bleed with an IPS panel.