What's new

Surface Pro Portrait Docking Station

godson594

Its routed perfect but from the front it looks soo ghetto =) If you would round it off, sand it down and paint it - it would be sweet =)

OP
surfdock

surfdock

Its routed perfect but from the front it looks soo ghetto =) If you would round it off, sand it down and paint it - it would be sweet =)

Ghetto? Really? I was going for redneck "get-er-done". But yes I totally agree; its just a prototype :)

Last edited:

MickeyLittle

Ghetto? Really? I was going for redneck "get-er-done". But yes I totally agree; its just a prototype :)

If anybody is interested, I can probably share out my SkutchUp design files and perhaps other folks can make a better one.

I didn't wanna be rude man because it is much nicer than I could ever do but since I'm from Mississippi and now that you mention Redneck, that's why I said earlier that you must be from the south!:big smile:

CrippsCorner

Good effort! A little rough round the edges... but if you got a great finish to this I reckon you would be able to sell it, although it would be niche I guess. Haven't really seen another like it! :)

PastorShaw

I think you did a great job! Since I use Adobe Lightroom 5, this could be handy. It does dictate removing the cover, but maybe that's a good reason to buy the bluetooth adapter for it. hehe

I'm really impressed how precise the MDF turned out. Wish I could make my own like you did!