What's new

Surface Pro Price Reduction

dhilbe

Ugh. I just bought a pro from my local ms store on Friday. Hopefully they will give me the lower price when I talk with them on Monday. Any advice?

I went into the MS store. They said because I originally got the education discount (10%), they could not offer me the $100 price reduciton. I told them that the online MS Store allows the education discount and the price reduction. She was very nice about it, but said she couldn't find a way in their system to give me the $100 price reduction in the store. Rather than return everything and re-buy it all, I asked her if she would comp me a surface pro charger and another stylus - which I needed - one set for home, one set for the work. So, I got the $100 discount - in a somewhat roundabout way. Not a bad deal - essentially $200 off a Surface Pro 128GB.

The Surface Pro is my first exposure to Windows 8. I'm getting it figured out - but, so far, really like the touch screen, tablet form, and stylus.

slvrdrgn123

If it's your first time with Win8, it'll take a few days to figure out. But once you do, I think you'll really enjoy it. I rarely use it at home, but when I'm out, it's always with me.

mitchellvii

This $100 off seems like a big deal until I am reminded I can't buy groceries for a week for my family for under $300. Considering the use it gets and value it delivers, a PC these days is probably the cheapest thing in your house.

machistmo

Like anything with tech, the longer you wait the higher the chance of a "better" version being released.

While this is absolutely true and I hear people saying it all the time, the fact remains that this statement and its counter argument apply more so at some points in time than others. I just think that August 2013 falls into that 'you may want to wait' category more than maybe May 2013. A girl at work went out and bought a Surface Pro while I was out sick. I was supposed to help her narrow her search before this Flu came along. Anyway, she bought the SP about 3 days before they decided to lower the price and is now debating how to deal with it. Since she bought it at Best Buy they were telling her they were going to charge her a 15% restock fee to return the unit. I just hate to see anyone get stuck in this kind of jam. Aside from my RT and Pro forays, I tend to be pretty cautious before I spend my hard earned cash.

machistmo

This $100 off seems like a big deal until I am reminded I can't buy groceries for a week for my family for under $300. Considering the use it gets and value it delivers, a PC these days is probably the cheapest thing in your house.

They changed the definition of inflation under Regan and then again one more time.... No wonder there is 'little inflation' but it certainly FEELS HUGE AT THE REGISTER.