What's new

surface pro problem with touch screen doesn't work inside one of the user accounts

abu5alid

hey guys , i have this problem happened to me while i was trying to use autohotkey and artdock to have a hotkeys for some art softwares, the problem now is that i can't touch anything on the screen inside my account only (currently i am using new user account the touch works fine) what should i do guys ?
thanks in advance

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps uninstalling the app would remove the settings ... just guessing here if that doesn't work Id try deleting that computer from your account and or deleting the account from the computer which would hopefully wipe the settings that's messing you up then you can add it back. Obviously you need another account with administrator privileges. Lastly REFRESH.

OP
A

abu5alid

thanks for responding ,i did remove autohotkey , but the artdock (which is what causing the problem) doesn't need installation ,i just run the script and i get the hotkeys except that i ran the wrong script release ,anyway i am trying to avoid refreshing my pc as possible it will delete all the apps i have installed so far, that leaves me with choice of creating new account which is what i am using right now , the problem is that i have all my personal files and some applications with some preferences are set to that user account .

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Restore Point? Might be worth a try I have no idea what was changed, thus removing the account from the Surface would kill the entire profile and all settings then you should be able to add the account back although it may not be much better than REFRESHing as all data and app data/settings would get whacked. It's possible settings might have synced to your online account which would require additional action if that happens.

You could dig through the script to find what was changed although that may not be easy.

Once again the need for function reset ability in Windows rears it's head. REFRESH is little more than a master reset. If there was subsystem by subsystem resets in Control Panel most refreshes could be avoided.

OP
A

abu5alid

tried restore point didn't help, or couldn't find valid restore point , for now the best solution i can find is accessing the curropted account (at least the personal files) by the new one since the touch is the the only issue i hope .
i thought it could be easy like you said to find what the script did/changed , but i don't think i am really capable of doing so .

arunster

I have exactly the same Problem. Mayb we should ask the creator of this script. He should know what the script changed.
I don't want to Refresh or create a New Account. Why did I run this Script :'(

:D