What's new

Surface Pro - Put device back to factory settings

Rushino

Hello,

Just have a small question. I suppose there something to put the device back to factory settings if something bad happen ? or i need to make my own storage clone and keep it safe somewhere ?

Thanks!

bosamar

If you're having problems with your PC, you can try to restore, refresh, or reset it. Restoring your PC is a way to undo recent system changes you've made. Refreshing your PC reinstalls Windows and keeps your personal files, settings, and the apps that came with your PC and apps that you installed from Windows Store. Resetting your PC reinstalls Windows but deletes your files, settings, and apps—except for the apps that came with your PC.
If you need to restore your personal files, see How to use File History. If you used Backup and Restore in a previous version of Windows, you can use Windows 7 File Recovery to restore those backups. If you need to restart your PC, see How do I restart (reboot) my PC?

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
A note for the pro users: It seems, that the Wifi-driver are missing in the refresh/restore-part, so a individual backup is no bad idea (eventually after installing your most needed apps/programs).

OP
R

Rushino

A note for the pro users: It seems, that the Wifi-driver are missing in the refresh/restore-part, so a individual backup is no bad idea (eventually after installing your most needed apps/programs).

Always good to know. Thanks!

PervySage

Pervy Sage says it might be fair warning to let you all know... could not create a disk image to a microSD or flash stick because they were not NTFS format.

and... D-Link Dub-E100 USB to ethernet adaptors' drivers are not compatible with Surface Pro with Windows 8 (yet?)