What's new

Surface Pro Restarts after Sleep?

machistmo

Well according to many others on the MS forums that fix they had you run may result in the problem returning and they suggest this:

1. Open Device Manager from the Control Panel or however you normally open it
  2. Expand Network Adapters and double click Marvell Avastar 350N
  3. Choose the Power Management tab and make sure the checkbox is checked for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

Mental note: Dont reply to threads with almost no information provided upfront! I should know better...

Last edited:

Mattman3234

Well according to many others on the MS forums that fix they had you run may result in the problem returning and they suggest this:

1. Open Device Manager from the Control Panel or however you normally open it
  2. Expand Network Adapters and double click Marvell Avastar 350N
  3. Choose the Power Management tab and make sure the checkbox is checked for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

Mental note: Dont reply to threads with almost no information provided upfront! I should know better...

I can confirm that this does solve the issue with the sleep issues. I tried a lot of other options but this did the trick. Wonder what this will do to battery drain though....

d1enamic

Where do you have a powermanagement tab in the properties of the wirelesscard? Its not present here and I thought that would be a common behavior in Connected Standby environments

GeorgeA

Where do you have a powermanagement tab in the properties of the wirelesscard? Its not present here and I thought that would be a common behavior in Connected Standby environments

My SP3 wireless adapter doesn't have the 'power management' tab either thought I don't think it's always like that in Connected Standby environments at least because 'Surface Type Cover Filter Device', 'HID-Compliant mouse' and the SuperSpeed USB HUB do have the tab.

With that said, it would be interesting to know if there's anybody with an SP3 who does have 'power management' in the Marvel AC properties.