What's new

surface pro screen clouding issue ,, is this usuall or i have a fulty unit ?

Dexter Morgan

Hello

I bought a refurbished surface and it works great but i have this problem that bugs me to no end ,when the screen is black there is some clouding on

the bottom of the screen ,, i tried to take some pictures but it doesn't show the clouding on the bottom , are you guys familiar with this issue ? The screen is very nice except when its black ,, for example like this situation:

mbGrXQJ.png

The top doesn't have this cloudy issues , yeah and it came with a one year warranty but i don't live in the us so i need to pay shipping fees ( twice actually one to send it from here to the us , and one to send back to here

Last edited:

oion

Hello

I bought a refurbished surface and it works great but i have this problem that bugs me to no end ,when the screen is black there is some clouding on

the bottom of the screen ,, i tried to take some pictures but it doesn't show the clouding on the bottom , are you guys familiar with this issue ? The screen is very nice except when its black ,, for example like this situation:

The top doesn't have this cloudy issues , yeah and it came with a one year warranty but i don't live in the us so i need to pay shipping fees ( twice actually one to send it from here to the us , and one to send back to here

Well, the screenshot you took looks completely black to me.

What you're describing is probably backlight bleed, and it seems many Surface users do see this, but only during login when the screen is entirely black. If you lower the screen brightness setting, the bleed tends to be less visible. My screen does exhibit bleed in one of the corners more than the other parts, but it never bothers me unless I'm watching a very dark-colored video with brightness up or something (meaning, very rarely if ever). Backlight bleed is a fairly common screen flaw across devices, too.

If you don't see color fading and backlight bleed during normal use, I wouldn't worry about it.

Arizona Willie

Cloudy screen?

Your glasses are dirty :LOL:

I have the Surface Pro 128 that I ordered as soon as they came out and I don't see any cloudiness.

Possibly there is some humidity that got into yours?

Being in Aridzona I < DEFY > humidity to get into mine. But in many other parts of the world humidity is a big problem especially with electronics.

You might try getting some of those dehumidifier packs and lock them up with your Surface in an air tight box for a couple of days and see if it helps.

CrippsCorner

After owning two of these devices I've come to realise I did had some light bleed with my first one. It was right at the bottom, central...

Hardly ever noticed it though, mainly just during boot and when swiping through the Modern UI. It was never bad enough to swap out purely for that reason :)

drolem

A slight amount of backlight bleed is not uncommon, but in most usage scenarios it is not visible.