What's new

Surface Pro Screen Protector - official, tempered glass

lonaysta

I chatted with a MS Store sales rep online some days ago regarding this SP. He said it was "made by Microsoft", yet nothing regarding lifetime replacement or similar service offered by most tempered glass screen protector manufacturers were mentioned.

OP
L

Liam2349

I chatted with a MS Store sales rep online some days ago regarding this SP. He said it was "made by Microsoft", yet nothing regarding lifetime replacement or similar service offered by most tempered glass screen protector manufacturers were mentioned.

I think the ZAGG screen protectors cost something like this. It's great that they are making their own, but they do need to at least match ZAGG on their lifetime replacement guarantee. I think ZAGG even replaces it if you switch devices, say if you send your Surface in for repair and get a different one back.

Unfortunately, ZAGG does not ship their flippin glass protector in the UK.

Dblkk

I use the zaag glass screen protector. Also have the UAG case. Love both. The glass protector works great, with both pen and finger input. Really no difference before/after as far as inputting goes. I write probably 1000+ words with pen a day, and screen protector hasn't gave me a single issue yet.

lonaysta

I think the ZAGG screen protectors cost something like this. It's great that they are making their own, but they do need to at least match ZAGG on their lifetime replacement guarantee. I think ZAGG even replaces it if you switch devices, say if you send your Surface in for repair and get a different one back.

Unfortunately, ZAGG does not ship their flippin glass protector in the UK.
In fact I'm now waiting for my Zagg Glass replacement to arrive my place due to device replacement....Yeah they are doing great customer service. Zagg sells $54.99 on Best Buy but internally it is marked $49.99, so that's exactly the price of the MS one. I really hope someone can upload a photo of the packaging of this MS Screen Protector for SP3..

ipaq_101

I had the Illumnishield screen protector and it's prett nice for a pack of 2 for $10, but once I started using it for school to take notes, the pen nib had wear after the first day.

Now I have the Zagg glass screen protector and the pen works perfectly and after days of use no nib wear. It looks great and like part of the screen.

Chuck_IV

I had the Illumnishield screen protector and it's prett nice for a pack of 2 for $10, but once I started using it for school to take notes, the pen nib had wear after the first day.

Now I have the Zagg glass screen protector and the pen works perfectly and after days of use no nib wear. It looks great and like part of the screen.
Interesting. I've been using the illumishield on my SP3 for a couple weeks and have not seen any wear on my pen. Now I don't take a huge amount of notes, maybe 2 or 3 one hr meetings worth a day but I'm not seeing any wear that I can tell.

B

B'midbar

I noticed it on the Surface twitter account: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...D.308785200?wt.mc_id=evergreen_Social_twitter

Like most accessories, it appears to only be available in the US of A.

Anyone going to try it out? I've been looking for a good tempered glass screen protector, and I'd buy it if it were available in my region.

Curious as to people's interest in a screen protector given that the LCD is Gorilla Glass. What's the pro's vs con's on going with, without a screen protector? Right now I've skinned my Surface Pro 3 with a Skinomi carbon fiber skin I got on eBay for $21.99, but I've forgone the screen protector.

bluegrass

I have never been a fan of screen protectors and with the gorilla glass, I think it's even less needed. I don't see anything but smudges on my screen and I only seem to see them when my Surface is turned off. Not sure if I'll fork out the $50 for one or not. I also have the enhanced warranty. If I do decide to get one, I would purchase the one that Microsoft sells.

Kif

I don't like this at all. A first party screen protector makes me wonder why didn't they just build a better screen instead of selling an accessory. It's like they're saying we know are screens aren't durable enough..