What's new

surface pro speakers

geckoking

Is it mine or are the speakers week. Watching a clip on espn.com and my volume is at 100% and I can barley hear it.

Snowshoes

I haven't tried viewing videos yet, but did notice low volume on a Lync conference call yesterday. I had the volume maxed on the Surface, and in Lync and it was barely loud enough. However, I was playing some games last night and had to turn the volume way down because they were very loud... So, I don't think it's a hardware problem, maybe some apps don't drive the speakers as well as they could?

zhenya

I have not had an opportunity to try the speakers in a loud environment, but at home I am impressed with how loud and clear they are, with good stereo separation for the size of the unit. Louder than my iPad for sure. Windows does tend to have more than one place where volume can be controlled, so I would poke through the settings.

Last edited:

bosamar

The 'problem' with the Surface speakers is that they are mounted on the sides of the device and not the front. Once in a while I find myself cupping my hands around the speakers to direct the sound out the front.

tonyz3

Is it mine or are the speakers week. Watching a clip on espn.com and my volume is at 100% and I can barley hear it.
try this- it worked for me-(credit a post on XDA) Go to Control Panel, then Sound, then click on Speakers, then Properties, then Enhancements and check Loudness Equalization and Virtual Surround too if you wish. Apply changes.

bosamar

try this- it worked for me-(credit a post on XDA) Go to Control Panel, then Sound, then click on Speakers, then Properties, then Enhancements and check Loudness Equalization and Virtual Surround too if you wish. Apply changes.

I did not know that. Thanks!

HoHo

There is another Level setting under the Speakers in Control Panel. Mine was at 5%. I changed it to 50%, much better now.

OP
G

geckoking

Thanks it hepled

DB444

Thanks, this does work to improve the volume.