What's new

Surface Pro UK Charger?

mrjoshl

Hi, Bought a surface pro and the charger has started to act weird, (EG not chargin on certain angles) I've looked on the store for a replacement but that looks like it's for USA Only, Where would I buy a replacement from?

Also what games can the surface pro handle?

Hi, Bought a surface pro and the charger has started to act weird, (EG not chargin on certain angles) I've looked on the store for a replacement but that looks like it's for USA Only, Where would I buy a replacement from?

Also what games can the surface pro handle?

My SP2 charger started doing that about a month back. I contacted support and through an online message chat I arranged to have a free replacement charger delivered, which arrived in 2 days. Your replacement will ship from Microsoft's Ireland outlet, which means it will be a UK version :)

Also, for games I would suggest looking at this youtube channel (the more recent videos are SP2, but there are plenty of Surface Pro's on there).

Hope that helps.

OP
M

mrjoshl

My SP was not store bought, I got it from eBay, so I would have to pay for one as not covered by warranty?

Checked out the gamesl, I tried to play minecraft (no texture packs clean install) and it overheated (with a themometer on screen) after half an hour playing

Last edited:

daniielrp

My SP2 was not store bought, I got it from eBay, so I would have to pay for one as not covered by warranty?

Checked out the gamesl, I tried to play minecraft (no texture packs clean install) and it overheated (with a themometer on screen) after half an hour playing

The 1 year warranty is still valid on re-sold items.

OP
M

mrjoshl

how would I go about getting a charger sent out (if my warranty is still covered?)

And my surface seems to be overheating (Don't know if it's a charger problem or not)

daniielrp

how would I go about getting a charger sent out (if my warranty is still covered?)

And my surface seems to be overheating (Don't know if it's a charger problem or not)

Just contact them.

When I had to get my Touch cover repaired, used the website to arrange a callback from MS. Within 5 mins a guy from MS Ireland called me, and they sent a package for me to send the broken one off, at which point they decided to replace rather than repair, so sent me back a new cover.

Bear in mind if you do this, you will be without a charger for a few days. All in all from sending it to them to getting a new one took me around 5 days I think.

P.S. If you are worried about the warranty thing, just don't mention eBay. I was never asked where I got it, all they need is serial number, and if on the system it shows that it is less than a year old, they should provide you with all the help you need.

OP
M

mrjoshl

Just contact them.

When I had to get my Touch cover repaired, used the website to arrange a callback from MS. Within 5 mins a guy from MS Ireland called me, and they sent a package for me to send the broken one off, at which point they decided to replace rather than repair, so sent me back a new cover.

Bear in mind if you do this, you will be without a charger for a few days. All in all from sending it to them to getting a new one took me around 5 days I think.

P.S. If you are worried about the warranty thing, just don't mention eBay. I was never asked where I got it, all they need is serial number, and if on the system it shows that it is less than a year old, they should provide you with all the help you need.

Thanks for the support, Will contact Microsoft now about it, Will be sad not having my laptop for about a week as it's all I have lol

OP
M

mrjoshl

getting sent out a replacement charger, brilliant

Which now brings me to gaming on the Surface Pro, what can it handle?

and how can I monitor temperature and other system information to make sure it's not overheating

CrippsCorner

There is another thread on here where someone has basically listed every game that'll run! Have a look around :) (seems to run most things quite well tbh)

kundas1

it should not be over heating when playing games! perhaps your device is defective and that is why the seller SOLD the device? what I would do is call MS back and see what they say about it over heating... also what I suggest is to vacuum GENTLY the exhaust ports using the thin adapter for dust and buildup... then your device might not over heat while gaming anymore...

I have had my Surface Pro 2 a year now. After 6 months my charger no longer worked. I believe the flimsy cable which is attached to the charger unit had broken internally. Having purchased my SP2 online from John Lewis I went to my local store and they simply exchanged the charger without fuss. 6 months later it's happened again. I really believe these charger cables are not robust enough for daily mobile use. Anyone else had similar problems?