What's new

Surface Pro vibration/tactile feedback?

Intangir

I am not 100%, but I am pretty sure I remember my Pro having vibration/tactile feedback when I bought it; i.e. when the Windows button was touched on the border of the device. Now, there is none; I am unaware if it was because of updates or what, but the device seems to have completely lost that function.

Is there a setting somewhere that I may have missed to reenable this feature?

mitchellvii

Hmmm, I don't recall the SP ever having tactile feedback. If the boffins at MS decided we didn't need it even if we said we needed it we wont get it.

MS has a listening problem.

OP
I

Intangir

I don't remember any vibration when using the on screen kb, but I am pretty sure the Windows Key on the bezel vibrated when pushed... or at least it used to

bosamar

I didn't even notice it on my RT until I had it for about a month. I don't know of any setting to turn it on or off. Seems to me maybe a restart might fix it. On a similar note you can enable/disable keyboard sounds in Settings > General.

ArnoldC

I have not lost the haptic feedback of the Windows logo, yet.

Ps.

The on screen keyboard never had tactile feedback.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

Last edited:

MMU

Hmmm, I don't recall the SP ever having tactile feedback. If the boffins at MS decided we didn't need it even if we said we needed it we wont get it.

MS has a listening problem.

Yes, Surface Pro has tactile feedback. Check your settings menu to see if it's disabled.

Nuspieds

Yes, Surface Pro has tactile feedback. Check your settings menu to see if it's disabled.
Where? What settings do you have enabled to provide the tactile feedback?

For me, the Windows logo does vibrate when I touch it, though.

stlbud

The volume control can silence or reduce the intensity of tactile feedback on Surface RT. I suppose the same applies to the Pro.

MMU

The volume control can silence or reduce the intensity of tactile feedback on Surface RT. I suppose the same applies to the Pro.

Volume control does not affect the intensity of the tactile feedback when tested on my MS SPro.

wvevie

I don't know if there is a setting for it but touching the Windows logo on the bezel of my SP does and always has vibrated. It's very slight and tingly.

OP
I

Intangir

I don't know if there is a setting for it but touching the Windows logo on the bezel of my SP does and always has vibrated. It's very slight and tingly.

My Windows button stopped vibrating within a week of purchasing. Not worthy of returning it, but still kind of annoying for a feature to just stop working