What's new

Surface Pro vibration/tactile feedback?

malberttoo

Anyone ever figure out why their Windows button stopped vibrating? Mine has stopped, and it's driving me nuts...

OP
I

Intangir

Oddly enough, my Windows button just started vibrating again... but I have no clue why it started working again.

mitchellvii

I've always found tactile feedback annoying. I would like screen clicks though. Hate clicking a link with no sound. Find it disconcerting for some reason. habit probably.

Was this ever resolved? I read this thread a while back, and just tonight I noticed it stopped vibrating, though I do remember earlier today it did vibrate. I can't think of anything I did in between that may have caused it. Nothing installed, I no changes in settings (aside from adjusting the volume, and connecting/disconnecting to wifi - all of which is normal for me). ... just as I finished typing this post, I thought I'd test it out again, and it's now vibrating. I did nothing at all, aside from open Firefox and search for this thread. Weird.

b52hbuff

Was this ever resolved? I read this thread a while back, and just tonight I noticed it stopped vibrating, though I do remember earlier today it did vibrate. I can't think of anything I did in between that may have caused it. Nothing installed, I no changes in settings (aside from adjusting the volume, and connecting/disconnecting to wifi - all of which is normal for me). ... just as I finished typing this post, I thought I'd test it out again, and it's now vibrating. I did nothing at all, aside from open Firefox and search for this thread. Weird.

I am also curious. I noticed that my Windows key (on bezel) appeared to have lost its haptic feedback. A restart didn't fix it.

So I tried removing my Surface Type 2 Cover and the haptic feedback was restored. I'm going to have to check out the units at the Microsoft store to see if they exhibit a similar operation.