What's new

Surface Pro Windows 10 Battery Drain

NeilG

I have a similar problem, the device was fine straight after the upgrade but yesterday and particularly last night it hammered the battery on Connected Standby, it used 50% last nigh alone. According to the Sleep Report the USB Micro-SD card reader is the offender.

I notice there's similar reports on Windows Central, seems like there could be a duff driver in there somewhere.

Magic

Ah, could be why I'm having the same issue - keep an fast SD card permanently in the slot for extra storage.

Odd that MS never caught this sort of bug on their own hardware!

leeshor

I found that Windows 10 cuts down my Surface 3 battery life from 8 hours to 4 hours. Any fix?
Winston
Welcome to the forum Winston

You say Surface 3 but your profile says Surface Pro 3. How many hours have you used it since upgrading. Half the battery use may indicate that something else may have changed.

FrakturianLogic

I am having a battery drain problem with my Surface Pro 3, 256gb 8gb ram model. It works fine when plugged in, but if I unplug it, the battery will drain about 10% per minute.

I called Microsoft Tech Support, and followed all troubleshooting instructions, including restoring the tablet to when I first received it, uninstalled and reinstalled the battery drivers, but nothing fixes the issue.

Of course, i"m 1 month past my warranty date and they are telling me that it will cost me $500 for them to fix / replace my tablet. Obviously, I've had it 13 months and am upset about this.

I'm hoping someone here can help me resolve the issue.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am having a battery drain problem with my Surface Pro 3, 256gb 8gb ram model. It works fine when plugged in, but if I unplug it, the battery will drain about 10% per minute.

I called Microsoft Tech Support, and followed all troubleshooting instructions, including restoring the tablet to when I first received it, uninstalled and reinstalled the battery drivers, but nothing fixes the issue.

Of course, i"m 1 month past my warranty date and they are telling me that it will cost me $500 for them to fix / replace my tablet. Obviously, I've had it 13 months and am upset about this.

I'm hoping someone here can help me resolve the issue.
Can you post an image of the battery report?