What's new

Surface Pro Windows 10 Battery Drain

sliver

Hi there,

is anyone else having the problem that the surface pro ( 128gb, 4gb ram ) with windows 10
has a strong battery drain in standby?

The display is black but still it drains about 10% in 1 hour.

Also did a full reset and only installed office and firefox, but still it drains the battery.

Regards

Mario

leeshor

Welcome to the forum Mario

Since this has been discussed by users with other Surface models and there have been several previous discussions of battery drain after the upgrade this is getting move to the Windows 10 section. Most of those battery use issues have been solved.

sonl09

Yes, I have the same issue. My Surface Pro 1 out of battery after I put it into sleep mode and let it overnight :(

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Run from an elevated CMD Prompt

powercfg -sleepstudy

It will create a HTML file in System32 called Sleepstudy.html, copy this file to your desktop and open and look at what is draining the battery.

OP
S

sliver

Ok I started cmd as admin

butit says that it is not supported on this computer, the tool can not be executed

OP
S

sliver

It gives me some errors but only 1 error is the reason that it doesnt go into standby.

The driver HDAUDIO/FUNC01.......
High Definition Audio Device

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It gives me some errors but only 1 error is the reason that it doesnt go into standby.

The driver HDAUDIO/FUNC01.......
High Definition Audio Device
I would uninstall your Audio Driver and allow it to reinstall it...

sonl09

Here is my energy report. Maybe the drivers cause the battery drain and the SP is not sleep, just the screen turns off

Attachments

• energy-report.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 552

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Here is my energy report. Maybe the drivers cause the battery drain and the SP is not sleep, just the screen turns off
Its something that is on the USB, anything plugged in like a mouse? Are you running the latest Firmware?