What's new

Surface Pro X vs Galaxy Tab S6 vs iPad Pro as daily driver

viktit88

Dear colleagues! I am searching for one device for everyday work. I am working with tons of emails and different types of docs (Word, Excel, PP, Acrobat, etc.). What can You suggest to buy?
I have realized, that I’m always out of office and home, work “on the road”.
Now I am using the iPhone XS Max with smart battery case, but seems for me, that I need bigger screen and keyboard to be more productive.
Thinking about Surface Pro X vs Galaxy Tab S6 vs iPad Pro. But I need Your suggestions. Thanks!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
For Office apps I'd definitely go with the Pro X over iPad Pro or Tab S6 because of the reduced Office functionality on those devices.

OP
V

viktit88

For Office apps I'd definitely go with the Pro X over iPad Pro or Tab S6 because of the reduced Office functionality on those devices.

Thanks very much. I can work in iOS or Android Office easily. I don’t need some addings like PowerPivot, PowerMap, etc. I just need the best mail app to communicate with colleagues, messengers like WhatsApp, Telegram, Facebook, different availability to work with any type of doc.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I used the Tab 6 as my daily driver for about 3 months , I replaced it with the Pro X because I use OneNote, as it's still best on Windows.

OP
V

viktit88

I used the Tab 6 as my daily driver for about 3 months , I replaced it with the Pro X because I use OneNote, as it's still best on Windows.

Interesting experience. Please, tell me what are Pros and Cons of these devices? What Mail App do You use as daily productivity?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting experience. Please, tell me what are Pros and Cons of these devices? What Mail App do You use as daily productivity?
90% of my productivity comes from Office 365, I use Outlook Mobile on Android and Outlook on Windows (unless I'm going to be on battery for a prolong time on my Pro X, then I switch to Mail). OneNote on Android is OK, and inking on the Tab 6 is great (but I do miss the eraser of the Surface Pens).

Honestly, for most of what I did, the Tab 6 was fine, we do have a mission critical Excel form that requires the desktop App, not compatible with Web or mobile. I love the portability of the Tab 6 and still use it as my secondary tablet. DeX had potential but feels clunky in implementations with multi-monitor scenarios.

Multitasking is better on Windows, DeX still needs some refinements, if my company had a full deployment of Windows Virtual Desktop, I could use the Tab 6 for everything.

OP
V

viktit88

90% of my productivity comes from Office 365, I use Outlook Mobile on Android and Outlook on Windows (unless I'm going to be on battery for a prolong time on my Pro X, then I switch to Mail). OneNote on Android is OK, and inking on the Tab 6 is great (but I do miss the eraser of the Surface Pens).

Honestly, for most of what I did, the Tab 6 was fine, we do have a mission critical Excel form that requires the desktop App, not compatible with Web or mobile. I love the portability of the Tab 6 and still use it as my secondary tablet. DeX had potential but feels clunky in implementations with multi-monitor scenarios.

Multitasking is better on Windows, DeX still needs some refinements, if my company had a full deployment of Windows Virtual Desktop, I could use the Tab 6 for everything.

Thank You very much. Have You ever tried Apple devices? I found Apple Mail native app very effective, much more productive, than gmail or outlook. I never used Office 365, as a professional user. Maybe this will be much more productive.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thank You very much. Have You ever tried Apple devices? I found Apple Mail native app very effective, much more productive, than gmail or outlook. I never used Office 365, as a professional user. Maybe this will be much more productive.
I personally will not use Apple devices or software...I run my practice on Microsoft.