What's new

Surface pro4 going back

leeshor

I've used Edge a couple time and didn't see a color problem, but it's so much slower than my Firefox, even with a dozen add-ons, I can't take it.

so i went to best buy and replaced my pro 4 and the new one works great! Thank y'all for the help. One question have yall noticed a color change when using edge on websites?
This is a known issue. Lots of people reporting this problem. I've also experienced it.

leeshor

I'm not certain I will be using Edge at all if they don't completely rework it. It's slow and it uses a lot of battery. I turned it off as a background process. I just don't see a reason to use it.

mtalinm

my SP3 was incredibly buggy - had to get it replaced 3x and did at least half a dozen full resets, plus the touchscreen failed twice so I had to use the Sony recalibration tool.

hoping they have improved reliability in SP4,but I do worry that in the push to make it even thinner/lighter they will have caused new problems.

Migi

Please go back to your iPad. Evidently the Surface isn't for you. Cheers!

Well iPads "just work" even if they aren't as "productive" as Surface CAN BE if it wasn't a buggy mess!

Also what is with this trend I see on Microsoft forums where if people express delight with Apple products they get bullied?

cldittus

I don't believe anything on this thread was bullying. What I see is someone came on a "Microsoft Surface" thread putting down the product that this thread is meant to discuss and help troubleshoot. Many posted asking for a list of issues in order to possibly help the OP to have a better experience with the product. There is nothing wrong with preferring another product, in this case Apple products. But if you come on a "Microsoft Surface" thread and expect everyone to hop on the Apple bandwagon that will not happen. I have been on Apple forums where the same is done to those who preferr microsoft products....lol. its just the way of the world. Would you go to and Eagles fans site and start talking about how much you love the Cowboys??

Best of luck to the OP on either fixing the issues and enjoying a Surface experience or finding a product that better suites their needs :)

Christi

Migi

I don't believe anything on this thread was bullying. What I see is someone came on a "Microsoft Surface" thread putting down the product that this thread is meant to discuss and help troubleshoot. Many posted asking for a list of issues in order to possibly help the OP to have a better experience with the product. There is nothing wrong with preferring another product, in this case Apple products. But I
Christi

No the guy said while the Surface had issues with WiFI, his iPad didn't. Then somebody else said "well just go use your ipad" in a bullying manner.

No the guy said while the Surface had issues with WiFI, his iPad didn't. Then somebody else said "well just go use your ipad" in a bullying manner.

Tend to agree. There were some complete douchebag responses to the original poster. If anything, the responses would have pushed some people away from the forum or Microsoft.

I also expect something to work when I buy them. I don't expect to pay premium pricing for a higher grade product and have issues and from the looks of the post, Microsoft have had a few with this release, perhaps more so than other PC manufacturers. when you have control over the hardware and software, there is no excuse for poor quality control.

I don't see any reason why we should be happy with a second rate consumer experience, or accept it. What I also don't think is appropriate is to pull down people who are unhappy that they have had substandard experiences either when clearly there have been launch issues with the product.

OP
A

Antr1

I agree with you all. I am a apple guy. I have everything apple. But I like the surface pro 4 concept when it does work, which is a lot more now since I believe I received a bad one which happens to all mass produced technology. I just wanted to see if anyone else had these problems. I don't want to start a fight. Apple and Microsoft need each other to keep pushing each other for the consumers. We just hate android. Lol jk. I thank everyone for their help..
I will be on here more for more help also. By the way what is this big update I here Microsoft is going to push on November to the Xbox one and surface?

Migi

I agree with you all. I am a apple guy. I have everything apple. But I like the surface pro 4 concept when it does work, which is a lot more now since I believe I received a bad one which happens to all mass produced technology. I just wanted to see if anyone else had these problems. I don't want to start a fight. Apple and Microsoft need each other to keep pushing each other for the consumers. We just hate android. Lol jk. I thank everyone for their help..
I will be on here more for more help also. By the way what is this big update I here Microsoft is going to push on November to the Xbox one and surface?

Microsoft has their "Patch Tuesday" where the big monthly update goes out the first Tuesday of every month to Windows, XBox and Surfaces. That would mean Nov 3, but I wouldn't count on a Surface fix by then.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is close to going off the rails, everyone relax and remember that reading intent through a forum post is fraught with error...

It appears the Edge color shifting issue is caused by the Intel Video Driver. Updating to the latest fixes it but will impact battery life.