What's new

Surface product placement

Chip

I guess they had a Surface on NCIS Los Angles. I was also at a SharePoint Saturday yesterday and saw six Surfaces in a group of about 400. They also gave a Surface as a door prize.

recon0828

I was watching Elementary this week and ran into some of the most blatant product placement I've ever seen. Sherlock needed to look up something for a case and it shows him grab his surface and keyboard makes the click joining the two. Then zooms in on the hinge for the other click sound. I thought it was hilarious and had to rewind it a few times. Wonder how much MS paid for that.

Sorry I couldn't find a clip anywhere but I will keep looking.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

recon0828

Found the clip
[video=youtube;GsiXfW75598]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsiXfW75598[/video]
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

vectorman

It's great to see microsoft heavily advertising the Surface; I've seen it placed in a few other tv shows as well as in straight commercials that are attractive, and well done. All they need to do now is to make it available in the usual distribution channels so that more people can get a hands on experience.

leeshor

Surface on NCIS

Just saw a treasury agent using a Surface on tonight's NCIS show. More product placement. Good stuff.

Sin

Saw that. The product placement was a bit more subtle and believable than some of the other ones. Nice to keep seeing the Surface on TV.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I think MS has done a commendable job of both advertising and product placement for the Surface. Maybe a little payback for those crappy Apple anti Vista ads of a few years ago.