What's new

Surface Purchase Experience

Series7man

I have a Best Buy and a Staples locally and they were worlds apart in how they were selling the Surface. Best Buy was a joke. It took me quite a while to find the Surface and when I did, it was kind of just sitting there in between a couple of other tablets with nothing letting you know it was a new product.

Staples had the Surface set up with it's own table and display. At the table were the accessories (touch pad, type pads, etc.). The Surface on the display had the touch cover attached so you could try it out (I practiced on it a couple of times before making the purchase)....and yes, the employees seemed to know something about the Surface. I know that Best Buy is the "big boy" chain when it comes to selling electronics, but perhaps some of the other chains like Office Max or Office Depot would have done a better job of marketing the Surface to their in store customers. Staples certainly did a good job at it! Just my two cents.

OP
Rick Sutliffe

Rick Sutliffe

I feel it's really too bad that BB displays the Surface the way they do, because almost everytime I've used my Surface in a public space, it gets a lot of very positive attention. People say they love the look and always comment on the Touch Cover. BB could certainly do a better job in my opinion.

Starfire

Best buy or as I call it Best Try (again) is a joke, though they are in financial trouble also, I could only imagine why. Luckily when I bought mine there the guy knew what it was at least.

TeknoBlast

I just came from my local Best Buy and they suck at displaying the Surface. They have the Surface displayed by the mobile section, just like everyone here has said. Not only that, you know the little white tags that every product has that contains price and other information....well there was three of them. One for the 32GB no cover, 32GB with cover, and 64GB with cover, but to know which model goes with what price, the description 32GB and 64GB was written in black marker. That pissed me off. It's a weak location for the Surface and weak display all around.

OP
Rick Sutliffe

Rick Sutliffe

It just annoys me because I think the Surface is a great product with some very good features. The inclusion of Office moved it ahead of other choices for me, yet there is no mention of Office or any other feature at Best Buy. A simple display board with the features listed might be helpful. I may not go back, which is too bad because they are one of the last technology brick and morter locations available.