What's new

Surface Rear Windows Logo Wearing Off

Pirnie

It may sound picky but I find after two weeks that the Windows logo on the back of my Surface is wearing off already. Don't treat it rough and keep it in a slip case when not in use. Anyone else having this problem?

Pirnie

Duymon

I'm sure the case and vapormag are tough as nails but the paint for the logo might not be. Your only bet to protect it would be a film coating but that would ruin the texture and feel of the casing.

PS, my logo is still intact and I constantly am inserting / removing this thing from my bag.

Sin

Mine is starting to show signs of wear. Not a huge deal to me, but it does show an areas that Microsoft needs to improve on their attention to details. The Surface is a solid device and I would think that Microsoft would want to keep their logo enacted.

machistmo

Mine is wearing off too. MS I WANT MY MONEY BACK! NAO! LOL - I think I can live with the logo coming off. Maybe Ill get a local artist to give me a sweet custom color laden logo? Does this tough-as-nails case like paint?

leeshor

I'm pretty certain that the logo coming off problem WILL get remedied as they will suffer a loss of identity. That's pretty important to them and I'm sure someone has taken notice.

Towering Shadow

I think that Logo is suppose to wear off. It's kind of like Mission Impossible "this logo will disappear in 10 seconds!". da..da...dada...da..da

Last edited:

Rallicat

Mine seems to be fine .... which makes me wonder whether there is a manufacturing issue here. Clearly the logo is not /supposed/ to wear off, and you'd have hoped that however that thing is etched / painted on that it would have been done in a way that's meant to last. If you're bothered about this, you may have to actually call Microsoft for a replacement surface!

Mine seems to be fine .... which makes me wonder whether there is a manufacturing issue here. Clearly the logo is not /supposed/ to wear off, and you'd have hoped that however that thing is etched / painted on that it would have been done in a way that's meant to last. If you're bothered about this, you may have to actually call Microsoft for a replacement surface!

Has anyone called them with an inquiry? Mine is 30% gone already and looks like I have been picking at it. Yes, I keep it in a case when not in use and clean that smeared glass after every use. Yes, it does bother me.

stlbud

I've seen a similar discussion on the answers.microsoft.com forum. At first I quipped something smart about being more careful but, after looking closer to the photos there, I noticed that my logo is very different. Mine looks very light. It's not as bright a white as shown in some of those pictures. Is it possible the material you see coming off is some sort of mask that should have been removed in manufacturing and the real logo is underneath? I'm not suggesting you scrape it away, just wondering how the "voids" compare to the "printed" part.

Is the white coming off or is the logo turning white?

Last edited: