What's new

Surface RT and Adobe Flash Player

livefats

My Surface RT no longer allows me to view websites with Flash, including BBC iPlayer. Two weeks ago I did not have this problem. Going onto the Adobe Flash Player site, I cannot see the Flash images designed to test whether Flash is installed, but it will not let me install Flash - I get the error message that Windows 8 already has Flash enabled when I try to do so.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks,

Jane

Omni

I'm not sure if this will work but try resetting internet explorer to default settings. You do this from desktop ie, settings icon, internet settings then the advanced tab.

OP
L

livefats

Thanks for the idea, Omni. It hasn't worked, however. I wonder if BBC iPlayer is using a version of Flash that the Surface can't run? On the other hand, it doesn't explain why on the Adobe Flash Player page the swf display still shows as a grey box suggesting that Flash is not installed!

Omni

I've just tried and BBC player works fine for me in both desktop and modern ie.

If you go to desktop control panel and open 'System and Security' there is a Flash Player option. Open that and delete all the data. There are a couple of options to do so in the tabs. See if that works.

OP
L

livefats

Apologies for the late reply - we've been away out of wi-fi for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for your help. Machistmo: it was both IEs, unfortunately. Omni: thank you: tried the delete data, then another reset to default, and now all is good. Very helpful indeed - what a great resource this forum is! Thanks, guys.