What's new

Surface RT and PRO :D

GreatWindows

Hey guys im curious to ask if any of you have the surface RT and are getting the PRO?

I currently have a 32GB + 64 SD in mine and i plan on also getting the Pro :D

TeknoBlast

I have the 64GB RT, but not planning to get the Pro. I have a self-built Windows 8 desktop that does any additional computing power.

m5racer

Thinking about it. The better screen and digitizer pen are really tempting me.

Im in the same boat as DarthBurrito....The better screen is for sure a big pluss (not worth an extra $300) and I planned on buying the pen separately (which im assuming Microsoft will sell extras incase you lose or want to use the stylus on an RT?)

Russ

any of you have the surface RT and are getting the PRO?

I have a 64G RT, and am getting a 128G Pro as soon as they're available. It is to be a laptop replacement for my Ladyfriend. I will be setting it up for her, and there is always some chance that I will like it enough that my daughter will become the owner of an RT. Only time will tell . . .

Regards,
Russ

J515OP

Super Moderator
Im in the same boat as DarthBurrito....The better screen is for sure a big pluss (not worth an extra $300) and I planned on buying the pen separately (which im assuming Microsoft will sell extras incase you lose or want to use the stylus on an RT?)

Just to be clear it will not work as a digitizer on the RT. If you want to use it as a simple stylus on the RT or another standard capacitive device that is going to be pricey.

m5racer

Just to be clear it will not work as a digitizer on the RT. If you want to use it as a simple stylus on the RT or another standard capacitive device that is going to be pricey.

I would use it just as a stylus, Kinda wanted it because it can be stored on the tablet itself

J515OP

Super Moderator
I would use it just as a stylus, Kinda wanted it because it can be stored on the tablet itself

That is definitely cool and I'm not sure how much that "premium" feature would go for. I suspect it might cost twice as much as a standard nice (not dollar bin ;)) stylus. Can anybody confirm it will fit in the RT power slot (you know one of you close to an MS Store)? I know it is supposed to be slightly revised on the Pro.

bosamar

I'm keeping my RT and my two desktops both have Pro on them. I may update my primary desktop to a touch screen.

bosamar

Are you also considering the Acer T232HL?

I have no idea what that is Arnold. I do however plan on replacing my MSI K9N Diamond secondary desktop which I hand-built in 2007. I'm currently considering an Asus board.