What's new

Surface RT and PRO :D

J515OP

Super Moderator
But the wedge mouse won't replace a touchscreen monitor. ;)

It is supposed to, at least as much as a touch pad anyway. Move the mouse to navigate and touch the mouse for gestures, 4 way scrolling and swipes in from the bezel in all directions. I haven't used one yet but they are supposed to be great for the Windows 8 interface.

rambler358

It is supposed to, at least as much as a touch pad anyway. Move the mouse to navigate and touch the mouse for gestures, 4 way scrolling and swipes in from the bezel in all directions. I haven't used one yet but they are supposed to be great for the Windows 8 interface.
My bad then - I thought it was just a touch mouse and didn't offer gesture control.

J515OP

Super Moderator
My bad then - I thought it was just a touch mouse and didn't offer gesture control.

It is actually very cool of MS to make this. I guess they got sick of all the poor touch pad reviews for anything not Apple. It shows the problem ins't Windows but the hardware/drivers used by the OEMs. Nobody seems to be able to get what should be a simple thing right. Amazon has it on sale for $30 off MSRP Amazon.com: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse: Computers & Accessories.

At the end of the day though it is still a mouse and just something to get you around Windows 8 a little easier. Touch screens or touch pads are going to be better in the long run :)

kristalsoldier

I got myself the RT and will not be getting the Pro. Since my reliance on legacy apps is minimal, the Pro would be overkill for me. That being said, I would have liked the pen input on the RT. My Win7 laptop hooked up with an external monitor serves the rest of my purposes. But I will be getting the Wedge Mouse - principally for the RT since I notice I am using the RT more as a replacement laptop instead of a tablet. For pure tablet functions (e-reading, media consumption) I seem to be partial to my Nexus 10.

J515OP

Super Moderator
You can still use a capacitive stylus for pen input it just isn't a digitized pen which has added features.

elee532

I think I am going to get a Pro to replace my RT... 80% because I want the active digitizer screen and 20% because I want to run legacy apps. I suspect I'm going to miss the smaller size of the RT, the fanless/cool operation, and the Instant wake from sleep. We'll see... maybe TODAY.

machistmo

4 W8 Tablets and counting.

Hey guys im curious to ask if any of you have the surface RT and are getting the PRO?

I currently have a 32GB + 64 SD in mine and i plan on also getting the Pro :D

So far I have had:

1) Surface RT 32GB Touch Cover Cyan (Work Evaluation Model) Returned to Boss.
2) Surface RT 32GB Type Cover (Personal) Returned for #4
3) ThinkPad Tablet2 64 GB with Dock and Bluetooth Keyboard and Leather Folio (Work Evaluation Model) Provided to a Director as part of a Pilot program.
4) Surface Pro 128GB Type Cover and Wedge Mouse. Dell S2340T Adjustable Touch-Screen Monitor (Personal)

Love the Pro. I just could not live with the limitations on the Surface RT - WOA no x86 stuff. So far, I like the Pro best of all.

Posted on the Pro. :eek:mg: