What's new

Surface RT and PRO :D

machistmo

I think I am going to get a Pro to replace my RT... 80% because I want the active digitizer screen and 20% because I want to run legacy apps. I suspect I'm going to miss the smaller size of the RT, the fanless/cool operation, and the Instant wake from sleep. We'll see... maybe TODAY.

You will not miss the RT at all. The Pro wakes from sleep very nicely. It boots in 15 seconds or less. Its a little heavier but worth every ounce. Its an ULTRA Ultra-book. Go for it - you will love it. I have not used the pen except briefly. It seemed ok, its just not part of my daily tasks and not something I love. The Thinkpad Tablet2 has a mini version of the Wacom pen and it fits inside the device. Its a clover-trail 32 bit pro device. But its like $649 vs 899.....

KLR

I think I am going to get a Pro to replace my RT... 80% because I want the active digitizer screen and 20% because I want to run legacy apps. I suspect I'm going to miss the smaller size of the RT, the fanless/cool operation, and the Instant wake from sleep. We'll see... maybe TODAY.

I decided to upgrade from the RT to the Pro specifically for Adobe Lightroom and PhotoShop. Likewise I was a bit concerned over the added size and weight however I must say that I have not really noticed it. I am not sure how or why but the device just seems to balance nice when use it more like a tablet. I also have not noticed any real heat or extra fan noise, at least not yet. I think you will be fine.

I installed the 2 apps and am pleasantly surprised at how fast and smooth they run.

Couple of fun side notes;
I decided to install Guild Wars 2 (MMO) just to see how it would run and it handles it fine (no external monitor and using the type keyboard). No serious LAG running around town at least. I have not funny tested this but I had to try...
When I purchased the Pro (128) I walked into best buy at the right time. They only had 3 and they were supposed to be reserved however they let me take one anyways. I got lucky and did not have to preorder.