What's new

Surface RT at Best Buy & Staples

gpstrucker

Went to my local Best Buy yesterday in Jensen Beach, Florida. They had the Surface but the display for the Surface was horrible. They had it set up at the back of the store facing the wall. It was behind all the other computers and peripherals. Unless you went there looking for it or you just happened to stumble across it, you would not even know it was there.

When I went into Best Buy to buy mine the sales clerk didn't even know they had one on display (over by the cell phones of all places). Another clerk had tell him where it was. It was as far away from the other tablets as they could get it and still be in the general area of that department. I get the feeling that Best Buy isn't really all that enthusiastic about selling the Surface.

Series7man

When I went into Best Buy to buy mine the sales clerk didn't even know they had one on display (over by the cell phones of all places). Another clerk had tell him where it was. It was as far away from the other tablets as they could get it and still be in the general area of that department. I get the feeling that Best Buy isn't really all that enthusiastic about selling the Surface.

I agree with you on that one. It's almost as if they are angry that they even have to sell them. I don't get it....profit is profit whether it's an iPad or a Surface.

OP
bosamar

bosamar

Our local Best Buy has setup their surface display next to their cell phone section. They had the 32GB with black Touch Cover on display. The CSR could not find the 'Admin' password and tried to get it from someone else without success. So it just sat their with a lock screen. The had a Samsung RT next to it which was a bit larger. The wifi wasn't connected to that one so it was kinda useless to play with. The only thing this Best Buy is pushing is iPads.

ontulmora

My local Best Buy had 2 Surfaces set up, one with the touch cover and the other with the type cover, it was really nice because I got to play with both for a bit.