What's new

Surface RT at Work

compnovo

Thursday I had an opportunity to really put the Surface through its paces as a work machine. I had a four-hour PowerPoint presentation with staff, with the tablet actually up and running for five hours. Have you had a chance to run PowerPoint on this thing yet? It's outstanding. First off, as soon as I hooked up the company's old LCD projector the Surface recognized it and adjusted the resolution accordingly --- no messing around trying to set up a video device. Furthermore, PowerPoint displays differently on the device than on the screen, giving the presenter a notes view automatically.

I had my USB remote installed (no muss, no fuss) so I was able to move around the room --- everything just worked. Also, I started out with an almost full charge and at the end of the training still had a 27% battery level.

This post is actually a rave about the Surface RT and the installed PowerPoint app, both were flawless. Oh, and it did get a lot of attention.... :D

Love this thing.

Sin

That's great to hear. Microsoft Office is one of the biggest areas that Microsoft can use to set the Windows Tablets apart from the competition.

OP
compnovo

compnovo

That's great to hear. Microsoft Office is one of the biggest areas that Microsoft can use to set the Windows Tablets apart from the competition.

And it doesn't hurt that it comes bundled on the RT. :)

bosamar

My die-hard Apple friend played with my RT for about 90 minutes the other day. He told me he was impressed. Same guy who used to bash Vista. lol

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've been using my Surface RT for work since I bought it back in October, I love it...

OP
compnovo

compnovo

I've been using my Surface RT for work since I bought it back in October, I love it...

What work apps have you been using? I've been working with Word and Excel (got mine in October too) but this was my first chance to really test Ppt.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I use daily, Lync, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote and of course Remote Desktop...I also use IE for Office365 and SharePoint.