What's new

Surface RT Cases

Lolvo

Does anyone have some good suggestions?

I love how slim and sleek my Surface tablet is, and I'd like to keep it that way. I bought a skin cover, but I just don't think that will do the job. I'm looking for a slim case that has a clasping kickstand (like the Surface's) and overlaps slightly around the edges on the front of the device.

I was looking at this one, but I was hoping the more experienced Surface users and forum members could give me some feedback and their personal recommendations.

I don't like bulky, I like to be able to hold my Surface one handed, and travel with it (without it being difficult to get out or fumble with).

Thanks!

OP
Lolvo

Lolvo

Thanks for the information, Jeff; I'll definitely have to give that case consideration with such good feedback!

Can you close the case/cover with either of the keyboards attached? Do they get in the way unless the case is open?
Does the folding cover of the case have any sort of clasp or magnetic bit that keeps it from swinging freely?

kristalsoldier

...and one more question...with the case open and the keyboard fixed, do you experience any bounce when typing (especially when using the Type Cover KB)? Thanks.

tonyz3

search the forum for the extra long thread on the manvex case. everyone who has it loves it. me not so much- i like the slim skin on mine...careful mitch.:eek:mg:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the information, Jeff; I'll definitely have to give that case consideration with such good feedback!

Can you close the case/cover with either of the keyboards attached? Do they get in the way unless the case is open?
Does the folding cover of the case have any sort of clasp or magnetic bit that keeps it from swinging freely?

This case uses an elastic strap to secure the case, much like a moleskin journal. I have the Touch Keyboard and closes without issue. My wife and son are on vacation this week visiting Grandma, so I won't be able to test the Type Keyboard till she gets back.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
...and one more question...with the case open and the keyboard fixed, do you experience any bounce when typing (especially when using the Type Cover KB)? Thanks.

The only bounce I notice is with the touchpad but it isn't a big deal for me at least. I can check the type when my wife returns...

OP
Lolvo

Lolvo

The only bounce I notice is with the touchpad but it isn't a big deal for me at least. I can check the type when my wife returns...

Bounce is something that would get in the way of use with my touch cover. I'll look into it further on the old thread that Tony linked us to. I own both a touch and a type cover
(prefer the touch cover), so I'll check it out.

The case doesn't look like it has too much protection on the corners of the Surface, what do you think about that, Jeff?

ArnoldC

Mine is a sleeve...

Pouch02_zps5205a4f1.jpg

Pouch01_zps073888bd.jpg

OP
Lolvo

Lolvo

Tony, that thread is about the cover for the SP. Still reading through it though, to get a grasp for the case. Thanks for the link!

Do they sell any in black? Clicked on the "more colors" option, but there's only three there.

If anyone has a link to a black one for RT, let me know!
This Manvex case looks like the best one.

Edit: found a black/grey one, can't decide between black/grey and red/black!!
What color combos do you whom own one have?

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
True, it doesn't have padded corners, if that is your goal you'll want a ruggedized case and/or sleeve. I wanted a professional looking portfolio that didn't add too much weight that I could carry to work completely self-contained.