What's new

Surface RT Cases

OP
Lolvo

Lolvo

True, it doesn't have padded corners, if that is your goal you'll want a ruggedized case and/or sleeve. I wanted a professional looking portfolio that didn't add too much weight that I could carry to work completely self-contained.

I can sacrifice edge protection for the weight and sleekness of the case. It's not a huge deal, more curious of how well it protects the corners without full coverage. About to purchase a black/grey one, can't wait to get it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I can sacrifice edge protection for the weight and sleekness of the case. It's not a huge deal, more curious of how well it protects the corners without full coverage. About to purchase a black/grey one, can't wait to get it.

In my house we now have the Blue/White, Red/Black and Brown/Black they all look real nice... :)

guitar1969

I bought that one when it first came out about 6 months ago and liked it, but the more I used it realized it didn't work well with swiping in from side. They then sent me their new and improved version which didn't solve the issue. I ultimately returned it. Now that one looks a bit different (color-mine is black and grey which was the only color at the time) but its the same company so wondering if its improved. I also didn't like the stand compared to the built in one. I am now bare again as I like the size of the surface without a case. The case is slim but it does add bulk.

Last edited:
OP
Lolvo

Lolvo

I bought that one when it first came out about 6 months ago and liked it, but the more I used it realized it didn't work well with swiping in from side. They then sent me their new and improved version which didn't solve the issue. I ultimately returned it. Now that one looks a bit different (color-mine is black and grey which was the only color at the time) but its the same company so wondering if its improved. I also didn't like the stand compared to the built in one. I am now bare again as I like the size of the surface without a case. The case is slim but it does add bulk.

I just purchased the Red/Black case, from the pictures, it looks to be a newer model and has addressed a few of the issues.

guitar1969

I just purchased the Red/Black case, from the pictures, it looks to be a newer model and has addressed a few of the issues.

Yeah it looked like they took some of my complaints I made back in January and added more cutouts on the screen edges for swiping. I am going to contact them again as last time they sent me an "improved case" that wasn't improved.

A case is a good idea, but the case makes the surface as thick as an Ipad and I really like the thinness of the RT with the touch cover.

OP
Lolvo

Lolvo

Yeah it looked like they took some of my complaints I made back in January and added more cutouts on the screen edges for swiping. I am going to contact them again as last time they sent me an "improved case" that wasn't improved.

A case is a good idea, but the case makes the surface as thick as an Ipad and I really like the thinness of the RT with the touch cover.

Sure seems like they did, doesn't it - it comes in tomorrow so we will see then.

I too prefer the thin and sleek aspect of the RT, I hope the case isn't that large or heavy.

guitar1969

Sure seems like they did, doesn't it - it comes in tomorrow so we will see then.

I too prefer the thin and sleek aspect of the RT, I hope the case isn't that large or heavy.

Its still too bulky in my opinion - Wish someone would make a thin real leather case - I would be willing to pay more for something that looks professional. All that is out there are cheap synthetics.

NGC

In my opinion most cases just ad bulk and I have tried many. I'm getting a zippered sleeve ideally with an extra pocket.