What's new

Surface RT no longer working with TV

pittaman

So I got a mico->regular HDMI off Amazon yesterday. After some fiddling was able to get it to work with my Samsung TV and watch Defiance on Hulu. Today I can't get it to detect the tv to save my life. No audio response from the surface that it notices the tv, and it IS on the right HDMI input (only have 2, one for the Xbox).

thoughts?

ArnoldC

I also have a Samsung and sometimes, I have to un-plug, wait 'til the Surface RT gets the screen back, then plug it back in to the Samsung. It happens like 1/10 so I'm not really that pissed. :LOL:

OP
P

pittaman

Yeah, I'm 0/50 right now.

tried rebooting with the cable in, unplugged and re plugged countless times.... This is really pissing me off.

Hstakz

So I got a mico->regular HDMI off Amazon yesterday. After some fiddling was able to get it to work with my Samsung TV and watch Defiance on Hulu. Today I can't get it to detect the tv to save my life. No audio response from the surface that it notices the tv, and it IS on the right HDMI input (only have 2, one for the Xbox).

thoughts?

Hey there I might be able to help, because the surface's body is sloped at a angle the mini-HDMI has to fit in correctly and sometimes this can be hard to accomplish. If you have a mini-HDMI cable with thick plastic on the end and are finding it hard to fit it in correctly, I would suggest cutting/chipping of a tiny bit of the plastic on the HDMI to fit in correctly with the surface. TRUST ME- I had this problem and I read somewhere on this forum about this little trick and it worked! Hope this helped ya buddy.
Just make sure you don't cut a whole chunk of ;)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Hey there I might be able to help, because the surface's body is sloped at a angle the mini-HDMI has to fit in correctly and sometimes this can be hard to accomplish. If you have a mini-HDMI cable with thick plastic on the end and are finding it hard to fit it in correctly, I would suggest cutting/chipping of a tiny bit of the plastic on the HDMI to fit in correctly with the surface. TRUST ME- I had this problem and I read somewhere on this forum about this little trick and it worked! Hope this helped ya buddy.
Just make sure you don't cut a whole chunk of ;)

Yep, I just trimmed the plastic to fit and it fixed mine right up.