What's new

Surface RT

OP
The Pashmeister

The Pashmeister

I've just transferred a couple of video files to my Surface using a flash drive. The files play on the Surface from the flash drive, they play on the surface when I transfer the files onto the surface. When I transfer them onto the SD card, they won't work.
I would normally say that this must be a faulty SD card, but it is the second one I've tried (from different suppliers).
When I move the files back onto my surface they don't work.
Confused!!
I'll reformat the SD card and try again.
Nightmare.

OP
The Pashmeister

The Pashmeister

Ok, tried again. It will only allow 5 working video files on the card. Anything more doesn't work. The files are on the card, but they won't play.
This is exactly what happened on my previous SD card. Could I have bought 2 cards with the same problem, or am I missing something?

OP
The Pashmeister

The Pashmeister

The files are about 1gb. Some are more, some are less. I don't know the brand of card, I bought it off ebay, but it does have 12 months guarantee. I've messaged the seller for advice.

leeshor

Ok, tried again. It will only allow 5 working video files on the card. Anything more doesn't work. The files are on the card, but they won't play.
This is exactly what happened on my previous SD card. Could I have bought 2 cards with the same problem, or am I missing something?
Question, is it the same 5 videos that work or if there are 5 or fewer do all of them work?

leeshor

I'm still missing something. Let me ask the question a different way. If you have more than 5 total if you put any 5 on the card do all of them work? I'm trying to figure out if some don't work no matter what.

OP
The Pashmeister

The Pashmeister

Ah, right. Yes, if I put any 5 videos on the card they will work. If I add another video to the folder, the new video won't work, but the original 5 will.
I've contacted the seller and he's replacing it. If that doesn't work, I'll have to store them on the Surface's hard drive.