What's new

Surface Screen Popped out of Chasis

RémiM

If we want a Nobel we have to innovate: at least an "efficient blue light emitting neon tube". It should be enough for 2015.

I'm back on the tracks :)

OP
D

Daniel Kim

Thanks for the input guys,

It's a shame my screen has to be like this. But, as Remi points out that his "SP3 is a little bit starting to pop out too," it makes me wonder if anybody else has this issue o_O

EDIT: I appreciate your effort explaining with all those diagrams Remi :)

Liam2349

Well ok, I've learnt something.

I thought I was in a good track for a Nobel Prize or something with my explanations. Damn.

Thank you guys (@Liam2349 and @jnjroach) !

The main purpose of the fan is to cool the heatsink, and the heatsink is pretty much directly attached to the CPU, and the CPU is the most important component that you would want to keep cool. Hope that helps a bit.

RémiM

Thanks for the input guys,

It's a shame my screen has to be like this. But, as Remi points out that his "SP3 is a little bit starting to pop out too," it makes me wonder if anybody else has this issue o_O

EDIT: I appreciate your effort explaining with all those diagrams Remi :)

Did you see those red and blue arrows ? That's science :)

I will try to take a picture of my screen today but it's not popped out like yours so I don't know if the picture will be representative enough.
I can see that the screen is not fitting the frame 100%, and when I press the area, I can definitely the screen moving a little bit.

I would like to know if someone else has the same "problem" (in my case it's not a problem... yet) or if this little tiny movement is "normal" (@Daniel Kim in your case it's definitely not normal).

Wish you a nice Halloween day guys !!!

RémiM

My SP3:
Capture.JPG

RémiM

@Daniel Kim I was looking closely at your picture, and comparing it to what I can see on my SP3. And then, a light bulb went off in my head (it happens once every 10 years though). It seems that it's not your screen that is popping out of the frame. It looks like the polycarbonate part of the chassis is a little bit bent towards the back of your SP3.

The black line the side of your screen makes seems pretty much straight, doesn't it ?

OP
D

Daniel Kim

bentsurface.jpg

Hey Remi, you know what, I think you're right.

I actually did look at my Surface from the side and it seems that the chassis itself is bent, but as for the "black line the side of [my] screen" looks "pretty much straight."

I don't get how the chassis could be bent like that. o_O

EDIT: Looking at the side with one eye reveals it's noticeably not a straight line.

kontrol1

My surface pro 3 has its screen popped out of its chassis :(
This is at the upper right corner of the surface tablet, and I'm wondering what could have caused this. Could it be the fan's doing?
Does anybody else have this happened?

I don't feel too happy about this at all; in fact, I could even slightly read a part of what seems to be a label (that reads: "[XXXXXXX XXX] ANTENNA [XXXXX]") of the inside through the crack.
Should I even worry about this?
View attachment 4278 View attachment 4279

This is the infamous bezel separation. Exchange should be easy under warranty. Hope MS improves their manufacturing process

http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/bezel-separation.9414/page-2#post-71902