What's new

Surface Support delivers yet again (to Poland)

vxm

Hey!

Today I have contacted Microsoft Support here in Poland to ask about pen nibs availability. After explaining briefly that I need replacements and that I would like to know whether it's possible to buy them, I was asked to contact North American support, as Surface isn't available in my country and they don't deal with it.

Upon contacting support for US I was pleasantly surprised by helpfulness of person I was chatting with. I was asked to paste my serial number and after she verified it, I was told that replacement nibs are free of charge and they will be sending them my way soon. I also received order number for tracking, very nice!

I haven't dealt with MS support previously, but I'm very pleased with their attitude. :)

CrippsCorner

Very nice! I also seemed to get through to Microsoft US from calling here in the UK, and they dealt with my issue really quickly. Why I couldn't return a product online though in the first place seems a bit backwards for a technology focused company :mad:

Reactions: vxm
OP
vxm

vxm

Weird policy for sure, I'm bit scared how it will be with my unit if it goes south, but hopefully it will be as easy as nibs replacement.
Today I checked my order and it was already shipped to me. But that's not funny part, funny part is that nibs are sent by UPS from another Polish city... That's weird considering there's no official Surface service/support here and the only way you can buy Surface is through 3rd party retailers! Illuminati!

CrippsCorner

Well the nibs are made by N-trig so perhaps they have a distribution warehouse and Microsoft themselves don't :)

OP
vxm

vxm

Nope, n-trig isn't present in Poland either... I've been trying to find one of their pens on the market since they've been released, so I'm sceptical. On the other hand, I just googled that and found some lenovo and dell n-trig entries for support websites, so I think you actually may be right :)

stunno

I ordered some (free) replacement nibs using the online chat on the MS US site, as it was late evening and the UK one was closed. I was able to sit in my chair and track them being transported all the way from Germany!