What's new

Surface -> Surface 2 Trade in Program

gabe406

I agree. You get more by selling it yourself than using the trade-in programs. I would think that putting the SP up sale on eBay could possibly get $400 to $600 for the sale. And that's what I will probably do.

minimojoman

I agree. You get more by selling it yourself than using the trade-in programs. I would think that putting the SP up sale on eBay could possibly get $400 to $600 for the sale. And that's what I will probably do.

Gabe406, just remember that if you aren't paying 20$ for the eBay store subscription, it will cost you about 10% in fees. So if it sells for 600$ ebay will take 60$, and paypal will take 3% of 600$, which is 18$. So thats about 80$. Make sure you get a basic ebay store membership before you list it. Then you can cancel it, it will be cheaper!

Check this calculator from ebay

eBay Fee Calculator

presidentk1

What I said is based on my personal experience.

Maybe you can share your personal experience. In my opinion that would be more productive than implying that I'm not telling the truth.

Well for starters, the stated return policy for hardware is 30 days, not 14 days.

As for my experience, I've returned things well past the 30 day mark.

gabe406

Gabe406, just remember that if you aren't paying 20$ for the eBay store subscription, it will cost you about 10% in fees. So if it sells for 600$ ebay will take 60$, and paypal will take 3% of 600$, which is 18$. So thats about 80$. Make sure you get a basic ebay store membership before you list it. Then you can cancel it, it will be cheaper!

Check this calculator from ebay

eBay Fee Calculator

I am all too familiar with the fees but I was never aware of the eBay subscription. That's a great find for me. Thanks.

machistmo

This thread is misleading. This is not a trade-up program. This is for MICROSOFT COMPLETE WARRANTY CLAIMS ONLY. If your Surface Pro bites the dust and you make a warranty claim, they will replace your SP with another SP unless you pay an upgrade fee to the SP2.

***IF YOU DO NOT HAVE MICROSOFT COMPLETE YOU CANNOT TRADE IN YOUR SP FOR AN SP2!!***

Reading is hard.

This poster is HARD ON. I heard typing in all caps makes you EPICLEETZORWTFBBQSAUCENESSCOOL. Thanks for clearing that up in an adult non-douche-bag way too, much appreciated.

Last edited:

machistmo

Maybe Microsoft store, depending on location, is more lenient. I for mines from best buy which has only 15day return policy.

I purchased my pro from a pop-up store that later vanished like a thief in the night. First Microsoft's telephone techs sent me to the store that didn't exist anymore, a full 2hour round trip experience. I was completely freaked out when I got there and the booth was just gone. Luckily I got ahold of an AWESOME Microsoft online support guy that literally picked up my case like a torch and carried to the finish line. I was able to return my Pro via mail and while it took a while, the process did complete to my satisfaction. I cannot say enough good things about this guy. I would give his name but I fear he would be plagued with support requests. If you call and get this guy, you will know it right away. I wish I could buy this guy and the manager of the Chicago store, that processed my return, a bottle of PATRON.