What's new

Surface Tweak Tool for Surface Pro 2 - Release!

OP
G

GoodBytes

I just got it. Yes, Microsoft releases firmware upgrades in batches to not overload their servers.
It also includes a bunch of Windows, and Office updates at the same time as we are Tuesday.

hksrb25s14

I think the only feature I need and everyone else needs is fullscreen on low resolution (black boarders when gaming on lower resolution) the feature is available on intel graphics control panel, under display I think. This would help out surface pro 2 gaming alot.

Max91

The most useful function for me is hi precision calibration.

Anyway, I've installed the update and the tweak seems to work well

Would be nice to change the option of 1920 x 1080 (scale to maintain full screen to scaled to full screen),thus the problem would fix the black borders on games.

GoodBytes thanks for the program,is very good.

Greetings.

be77solo

I think the only feature I need and everyone else needs is fullscreen on low resolution (black boarders when gaming on lower resolution) the feature is available on intel graphics control panel, under display I think. This would help out surface pro 2 gaming alot.

I've just gotten into the habit of dropping desktop resolution down to either 1280x720 or 1366x768 (typically what I use) before launching a game that I run at reduced res... It's a couple extra clicks on the desktop but eliminates this problem, works every time.

I do agree however that this step shouldn't be required.

OP
G

GoodBytes

Would be nice to change the option of 1920 x 1080 (scale to maintain full screen to scaled to full screen),thus the problem would fix the black borders on games.

Yea I have been looking into it. Intel doesn't support this. The option only appears and works when you drop the resolution first on the desktop. It's retarded but what can you do. It's Intel.

OP
G

GoodBytes

False positive. The program is portable one, so all needed files are included in the executable. Some Anti-virus assumes it's a type of virus or malware because of that.

OP
G

GoodBytes

I just noticed something today.... Microsoft has added the Intel control panel in the latest firmware. Right-click on the desktop and its there.
Can people confirm this? If so, should I remove it from my tweak software? Or keep it for people with the old firmware?

xramz

Hey I installed this tweak just yesterday after the latest update. When I try to use the pen calibration, regardless which of the 3 options I choose, an error comes up saying "Invalid Grid Data"
Any solution?
Cheers