What's new

Surface Tweak Tool for Surface Pro 2 - Release!

Deckyon

hmm... Chrome blocks the download, "malware"... How come?

This has been discussed. False-positive. Use a different browser. FF actually looks and works better with the latest version (29) on the Surface Pro 2.

beepFTW

I want to start off by saying thank you for you dedicating some time to create such a wonderful application.

As far as I know, every feature works on my Surface Pro. Your method of calibration is working wonders for me. (Although I think I'll always have a problem with my calibrating my lower left and right corners. Even so, your 80pt calibration works the absolute best. So far I believe that you have not gotten calibration working with the newest Wacom drivers. There is a thread somewhere on the web that shows you how to do tabcal calibration even with wacom drivers. It worked for me, buy I personally feel that it is an unnecessary luxury. Even though that new radical menu is so appealing. I uninstalled it.

Now onto my question, how is development coming? (Sorry). I just wondering. Also if you ever need a person to beta test, let me know! I'd be happy to help. :)

Randomguy

When I try to run the 80pt calibration, I am prompted to reset any previous calibration. But even after I press reset, I get a prompt that there is a previous calibration and I cannot start the 80pt calibration. Has anyone encountered this issue? How do I get past it?

OP
G

GoodBytes

I want to start off by saying thank you for you dedicating some time to create such a wonderful application.
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it that you enjoy it.

As far as I know, every feature works on my Surface Pro. Your method of calibration is working wonders for me. (Although I think I'll always have a problem with my calibrating my lower left and right corners. Even so, your 80pt calibration works the absolute best. So far I believe that you have not gotten calibration working with the newest Wacom drivers. There is a thread somewhere on the web that shows you how to do tabcal calibration even with wacom drivers. It worked for me, buy I personally feel that it is an unnecessary luxury. Even though that new radical menu is so appealing. I uninstalled it.
The method provided does not work, at least not on my side, with Wacom's latest drivers, sadly. So, I can't implement it.
Radial menu is a project that I am doing research on. The idea I have is to make it in C#, be very nice looking, fully customizable, and possibly per application menu. But, I cannot provide any promise. It has many challenges to surmount, and still doing research and planning.

Now onto my question, how is development coming? (Sorry). I just wondering. Also if you ever need a person to beta test, let me know! I'd be happy to help. :)
No problem, I am glad to share my progress.
Next version is coming in a few days, just finalizing a few things.

OP
G

GoodBytes

When I try to run the 80pt calibration, I am prompted to reset any previous calibration. But even after I press reset, I get a prompt that there is a previous calibration and I cannot start the 80pt calibration. Has anyone encountered this issue? How do I get past it?

You are most likely using Wacom's drivers. The calibration in Surface Tweak Tool does not work with it, sadly.
Uninstall the drivers and restart your Surface Pro (may require a second restart after, for Windows to get the default drivers), and it should work afterwards.

beq

Looks great thx. Any potential danger with creating custom resolutions? Clicking the link in the tool threw up an Intel warning that scared me off a bit?

OP
G

GoodBytes

Looks great thx. Any potential danger with creating custom resolutions? Clicking the link in the tool threw up an Intel warning that scared me off a bit?

You could be stuck with a resolution that is not supported by the monitor, making the device not display anything.
In which case, this can fixed by going to Safe Mode (turn off the device while windows starts 3 times in a row, and you'll be asked about going in Safe Mode), iN safe Mode you can change the resolution to normal, or uninstall the drivers and re-install them back in normal Windows, where all settings will be cleared. That is the worst case. Or more simply, connect the Surface Pro 2 to an external monitor, and from there you can fix the resolution.

If you know what you are doing, there should not be a problem. Most of the time, the Intel drivers will tell you that the resolution is not supported and not apply.

beepFTW

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it that you enjoy it.

The method provided does not work, at least not on my side, with Wacom's latest drivers, sadly. So, I can't implement it.
Radial menu is a project that I am doing research on. The idea I have is to make it in C#, be very nice looking, fully customizable, and possibly per application menu. But, I cannot provide any promise. It has many challenges to surmount, and still doing research and planning.

No problem, I am glad to share my progress.
Next version is coming in a few days, just finalizing a few things.

Thanks for the reply. I'll say you have done rather well so far. Your Radial menu idea is spectacular, looks like it'll be better implemented your way rather than Wacoms. Plus it looks gorgeous!

Good luck in completing it, cant wait to use it. :)

OP
G

GoodBytes

Thanks for the reply. I'll say you have done rather well so far. Your Radial menu idea is spectacular, looks like it'll be better implemented your way rather than Wacoms. Plus it looks gorgeous!

Good luck in completing it, cant wait to use it. :)

It is complete and it is released.
I'll continue to support the software as feature request are given, or if I can fix things to tweak.