What's new

Solved Surface Type-C Driver OPM error every 10 seconds in Event Viewer

brosenz

Something happens on my Surface Book 2 that suddenly today I started seeing the following Warning/Error message on Event Viewer, the exact same 2 messages will be triggered every 10 seconds exactly and they are non-stop. I restarted the SB2 without any results, the messages keep happening, A day ago I did not have any. How can I stop them and fix the root cause. Thanks

Surface Type-C Driver OPM command sequence timedout: Command 0x5.
Surface Type-C Driver OPM active command is cleared for recovery: Command 0x5.

Attachments

• Type-C Event Viewer Error.png
    Type-C Event Viewer Error.png
    345.2 KB · Views: 906

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Something happens on my Surface Book 2 that suddenly today I started seeing the following Warning/Error message on Event Viewer, the exact same 2 messages will be triggered every 10 seconds exactly and they are non-stop. I restarted the SB2 without any results, the messages keep happening, A day ago I did not have any. How can I stop them and fix the root cause. Thanks

Surface Type-C Driver OPM command sequence timedout: Command 0x5.
Surface Type-C Driver OPM active command is cleared for recovery: Command 0x5.
What do you have plugged into your Type C port?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Weird - I got the same when I had a the Lumia 950 Continuum Dock plugged in - but only one instance. Do you have any pending updates?

OP
B

brosenz

Weird - I got the same when I had a the Lumia 950 Continuum Dock plugged in - but only one instance. Do you have any pending updates?
Everything is up to date with Windows Update, I just ran the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit and fixed it, very weird, I do not know what the SDT will do, but maybe there was something (driver) corrupted and it fixed it, :)

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Everything is up to date with Windows Update, I just run the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit and fixed it, very weird, I do not know what the SDT will do, but maybe there was something (driver) corrupted and it fixed it, :)
Excellent - marking as solved...I saw you posted this across the web it would be good to go back and close the loop on Reddit, Answers.Microsoft.com and any others that you posted on...

rolldog

Will do, only the ones you found :(
Glad I ran across this thread. I ordered a third party dock, one that connects to the USB type C port instead of using Microsoft's dock, just to see if I can eliminate some of the power/external monitor /etc problems some people have been reporting. I certainly don't want to have to deal with issues with the USB type C port.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

unruledboy

Same problem here: Surface Type-C Driver PPM availability notification failed, PPM availability state = 1.

In the Device Management, "Surface Ucsi Device" says: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Can't connect to my external monitor, Surface Diagnostic Toolkit did not fix it.

Updated to the latest version of Windows did not fix it.

Last edited: