What's new

Surface Warranty

OP
DutchYee

DutchYee

Just make sure to read the small print to see if they include any exceptions to what they actually cover. I know that for theft, despite having insurance it is often impossible to win a claim, lots of requirements such as it only covers theft from your own house, you have to have reported the theft to the police within 48 hours etc. Sounds good though.

I think its always pretty hard to show the theft. But for sure the theft is the hardest reason to prove. But i am not really afraid of it. I am pretty damn normal with my Surface. Nevers shows it on train stations or something. Just go work / school and at home

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think its always pretty hard to show the theft. But for sure the theft is the hardest reason to prove. But i am not really afraid of it. I am pretty damn normal with my Surface. Nevers shows it on train stations or something. Just go work / school and at home

Oh, I didn't mean it in terms of being able to prove it, but rather that the policy will claim it protects you from theft making you think you're covered for theft, but the reality is that it only covers theft in very specific circumstances. E.g many policies will only cover theft if it happened at home, if you phone gets stolen while walking around a shop, they don't cover this.

Like yourself, i've never really considered theft insurance, i tend to be very careful with everything i own, especially living in London. Don't see the logic in just creating an opportunity by walking down a road looking at a phone without paying any attention to your surroundings. Phone stays in jeans pocket until it is needed, then i stop to use it, replace, and move on. Just a case of common sense if you ask me.

OP
DutchYee

DutchYee

I totally understand you. I checked the policy and i when they steale it from me on the streets i am still covered. But what i already said. It was not a cheap policy. We got alot of companies for 40 euro per 3 years. I pay 103 for a year.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I totally understand you. I checked the policy and i when they steale it from me on the streets i am still covered. But what i already said. It was not a cheap policy. We got alot of companies for 40 euro per 3 years. I pay 103 for a year.

Sounds good. When it comes to insurance, while there are certainly a bunch of con-artists looking to rip you off, you typically get what you pay for. No doubt those 40 euro companies would make you bend over backwards just to get a response from them let alone win your claim.

At 100 euros a year, it's pretty much the same price as the MS extended warranty, even a little bit cheaper.