What's new

surface was unplugged and off, woke up to find it off, VERY HOT and not turning on.....

ScottyS

I'm assuming you upgraded to W10 more than 30 days ago. The rollback to 8.1 is supposed to be available for 30 days and whacking that would seem the logical answer to your observation.
Yep. Upgraded July 29th, noticed the increase SSD space after August 29th.

But back to the thread's topic, getting hot while supposed to be off, or in standby or even hibernating, turning on while off, etc. seems to be an issue with Surface, not just Win10. There are lots of threads here about this sort of misbehavior. Seems to be a Surface+Windows standby (or connected standby) and I hope Threshold 2 fixes it.

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep. Upgraded July 29th, noticed the increase SSD space after August 29th.

But back to the thread's topic, getting hot while supposed to be off, or in standby or even hibernating, turning on while off, etc. seems to be an issue with Surface, not just Win10. There are lots of threads here about this sort of misbehavior. Seems to be a Surface+Windows standby (or connected standby) and I hope Threshold 2 fixes it.
Yes, and this isn't even in the artificial intelligence category, yet it has a mind of it's own... :) there's no hope for us with artificial intelligence implementations... he he he... uh, they weren't supposed to do that... but now we've lost complete control... we'll have to nuke them from space... provided we can get there first before they do it to us. :D