What's new

Surface Win8 RT 32gb Deals

dhw29

Hello.

I'm interested in buying the Surface tablet with Cyan Typepad tomorrow but wondering: Is there an news regarding Microsoft reducing the price? Best place to buy the Tablet/Typepad? Any suggestions would be welcome :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Welcome dhw29. There are no rumors about price drops and I think it is unlikely you will see one. There are several options for buying but your best bets are from the Microsoft website or John Lewis (assuming your location means UK).

JP

OP
D

dhw29

My bad! Meant Touch Cover!
I thought with the tablet PRO version coming out soon they might off deals on the RT!

J515OP

Super Moderator
My bad! Meant Touch Cover!
I thought with the tablet PRO version coming out soon they might off deals on the RT!

Since the Surface Pro is a completely different unit and not a replacement it won't change the Price of the Surface RT. I think Rallicat put it nicely here http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...-any-surface-rt-exchange-deals.html#post13770

I hardly think it's missing a trick to not offer an exchange. The Pro is not a 'replacement' for the RT, nor an 'upgrade' - rather a separate model. It's a little like a car company offering owners of the petrol model of one of their cars a trade-in when the diesel variant was released. (Please, no arguing over whether Petrol or Diesel is best!!). Think of the message it would send to offer an exchange for Surface RT owners - it would be an admission that the Surface RT (and by extension Windows RT) had failed, and would likely kill the product line!