What's new

Surface with Microsoft 10 home and bitlocker

tevans9129

My Surface tablet will not boot and when I try to enter the bitlockerkeys, it times out before I can get them all entered. I have tried to boot from a Microsoft 10 USB drive but that is is not recognized. Is there anyway this tablet can be recovered or should I just pitch the Surface and get a real computer? Thanks for any suggestions.

Spares Delhi

Hi Tevans ,
I see you are not able to boot your Surfae tablet from Usb Drive. Well try this may be it will work
Before you begin :
Disconnect any unnecessary peripherals or accessories, such as USB drives, SD cards, USB keyboards, or external displays.USB peripherals and storage devices can sometimes affect a PC’s ability to turn on or boot. If removing the USB or accessory resolves the issue, restart your Surface again to confirm, as the problem source might be that accessory.
Connect the power supply and make sure that the LED is lit. If the LED doesn’t light up or if it flashes, you may have an issue with your power supply.
If the battery charge is low, you may see a battery icon on the screen when you press the power button. Charge your Surface for 10 to 15 minutes to make sure that the battery has enough power to start Surface and Windows.

Step 1: Attach a bootable USB device to the USB port.

Step 2: Press and hold the volume-down button.

Step 3: Press and release the power button.

Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume-down button.
Surface will start the software on your USB device.

If nothing works for you, you may need to take the device to a service center.

Regards

OP
T

tevans9129

Step 1: Attach a bootable USB device to the USB port.

Step 2: Press and hold the volume-down button.

Step 3: Press and release the power button.

Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume-down button.
Surface will start the software on your USB device.

If nothing works for you, you may need to take the device to a service center.

Regards

Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to input the bitlockkeys by following your instructions but even after changing the options, the same message appears and it will not boot from a Microsoft thumb drive.