What's new

surface wont start

nilsk123

My surface pro 3 wint start anymore. When i press the power button nothing happens. If i have it docked i can see the keyboard lights coming on briefly. I know its charged because i used both the charger and the docking station to charge. Any ideas?

nnthemperor

You might be pressing they power button longer than necessary. I had the same experience when I first got my sp3 and I thought I had a faulty unit. Just a single press on the power button and wait, the screen will definitively turn on.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try the Two-button shutdown for Surface Pro
Don’t use this process on Surface RT or Surface 2.
Use this two-button shutdown process to ensure that Surface is turned off completely.
Here’s how:
Step 1: Press and hold the power button on your Surface for 30 seconds.
Step 2: Press and hold the volume-up button and the power button on your Surface at the same time for at least 15 seconds, and then release both. (The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least 15 seconds.)
Step 3: After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.
Step 4: Press and release the power button on your Surface to turn it back on.

drolem

My surface pro 3 wint start anymore. When i press the power button nothing happens. If i have it docked i can see the keyboard lights coming on briefly. I know its charged because i used both the charger and the docking station to charge. Any ideas?

Get a replacement. You may have a component or two blown on the motherboard next to the Surflink connector. The spacing is kinda tight on it, and it only takes one bad insertion to blow it.