What's new

Surfaces are Resizing Corporate Signatures

Colin Paulin

I've been Googling to find this issue for a month now, on and off, and haven't been able to find a solution yet. I've determined the CAUSE of the solution, but not the fix.

Our company HTML signatures are expensive and look pretty sweet on 90% of computers in the company. Like so:

rbO4vJh.png

Unfortunately, it seems with anyone who uses a standalone Surface (We've got Surface Pro 2s and 3s, I believe), they've changed the display size to be able to read anything on their screen. That means, however, that their personal signature on outgoing emails -- and anyone else's signature on email threads they reply to -- gets blown up to painfully overblown sizes. Below is an example of my signature having been blown up by his replying to one of my emails. His show up the same size. Can make the image a bit smaller as you move the display slider, as I'll mention below, and it gets normal when the slider's all the way to 'Small'.

kzrVWWQ.png

The owner, our main sales people, all use SP2/SP3 and have this issue, and it doesn't look good on us. I was able to play around with our Sales guy's SP3 when he was here and found that the Display Size slider fixed the issue. But that made everything on his screen completely small and illegible.

There's a workaround for this, right? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We're running Microsoft 365 / Outlook 2013 for our mail server, Windows 8 on all.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
This and worse has plagued any corporation that deals with anyone using Lotus Notes for years. each reply included a resize of all previous replies resulting in progressively larger and larger text until someone cut it off. Then they would forward the whole mess midstream to someone else to read through without the original context. I'm looking at you IBM. The most godawful haphazard pile of streaming dung ever.

leeshor

This and worse has plagued any corporation that deals with anyone using Lotus Notes for years. each reply included a resize of all previous replies resulting in progressively larger and larger text until someone cut it off. Then they would forward the whole mess midstream to someone else to read through without the original context. I'm looking at you IBM. The most godawful haphazard pile of streaming dung ever.
I would have to agree with you on that. Totally.

OP
C

Colin Paulin

Never heard of Lotus Notes, though I don't like the sounds of any of this already, haha. Sounds familiar though, signatures progressively getting bigger. Haven't really seen any long email chains to see just how big they get, but I did seem to notice some variation in sizing.

Also, one of the bosses here notices that there might be a difference between what his signature sends out as when he's plugged into his dock vs. when he isn't. If that helps at all.

orlandotommy

I have a user with a Surface Pro 3 and its doing the exact same thing, i also have a user with Surface Pro 4 who is not having this issue. This is absolutely some type of bug on the SP3. Would be great if there was a fix for this!