What's new

Solved Swiping issues in tablet mode

Daniel Kim

Hi,

I wasn't able to find help with this issue (is it?), so I'm posting it on this forum:

When I'm using the Surface Pro 3 in tablet mode, i.e. holding it vertically (the start button on the bottom), my swiping from the *base edge* of the device doesn't seem to register my swipes, i.e. the "switch apps" operation followed by the gesture doesn't execute, or when holding the device vertically the other way (the start button is on the top) the "charms" wouldn't show up (the *base edge* now being on the right). Seems like the *base edge,* (the side where the keyboard attaches) doesn't register my swipes. Does anyone have this same issue?

Although I do recognize that the use of the pen could circumvent this issue, I find myself essentially "handicapped" as I either cannot access the charms or can't utilize the "switch-between-apps" operation depending on which way I am holding the Surface Pro 3.

On a side note: this would become even more problematic if I happen to lack the pen or keyboard while the screen is screen-orientation locked in the vertical mode, because I cannot undo the screen-orientation lock without access to the charms.

foghat

I do not have this problem. I can swipe from all 4 edges and get the appropriate response. I'm sure you are, but are you making sure you swipe starting on bezel?

ctitanic

Welcome aboard !
Please recalibrate the screen.

Capture.JPG

OP
D

Daniel Kim

Woah nice! it worked, thanks ctitanic, I thought my Surface Pro 3 was defective.

Strangely enough, I did try recalibrating it earlier, but didn't work. Not sure what happened there.

@foghat, yeah, but it works now!

PS: very nice step-by-step depiction!

ctitanic

Woah nice! it worked, thanks ctitanic, I thought my Surface Pro 3 was defective.

Strangely enough, I did try recalibrating it earlier, but didn't work. Not sure what happened there.

@foghat, yeah, but it works now!

PS: very nice step-by-step depiction!

You are welcome. Please change the status of the thread to fixed.