What's new

Switched to Chrome(64) from Firefox

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
So can you give me an example that i should look out for. If you've found something on your machine then surely i should be able to find it on mine.

Arizona Willie

I'm not sure what you are looking for when you ask for an example to look out for.

As for Chrome, it is no longer on any of my computers so I can't run it and take screenshots of it in Process ( Resource ) Monitor after it has been shut off.

You will see many things happening in Process ( Resource ) Monitor and in the top window there will be the names of active routines and if you put the cursor on a name and right click it will bring up a menu that you can click on < search online > and it looks up that item on the internet and tells you what program it is part of and what it does.

Oh by the way, I see I made a mistake and said Process Monitor when I meant Resource Monitor.

Ohhh, my bad. That does make things confusing.

Substitute Resource Monitor for Process Monitor.

Sorry ' bout that :( my bad.

Got my tongue over my eye teeth and couldn't see what I was saying :)

Resource Monitor can be a handy tool for seeing what is going on and for finding out what the heck those programs with just a bunch of initials / numbers for names are.

So can you give me an example that i should look out for. If you've found something on your machine then surely i should be able to find it on mine.

johnj2803

As for data mining, meh. Their services provide so much good and convenient features that I do not care about the data that they do get from me, for example; I do not care if they know where I am at and that I like oranges.

I agree with their services. The convenience of these services when used properly is priceless.

Here's the issue with data mining. They know more about you than you know about yourself. If you want confirmation of that call a bank or brokerage and pretend you've lost access to your account. The detailed information they will ask, far beyond anything you gave them is all you should need to hear.

know this, everyone will leak or sell the data they have on you. Once your Uber-Profile is assembled and created your only protection from identity theft is to get a new *witness protection style* identity. This dirty little secret is already here for many. That's why you should care, once the horse is out of the barn it's too late, as everything that's been collected is forever just like anything on the Internet.

I get what you mean. But in this day and age where the internet is king, the only way you can get out of these things is not be on the internet... No matter how careful you are they will still know more about you than yourself.