What's new

System Firmware update

mmitchum

After the update I now have two new "Other" devices in my Device Manager: MS-ABTP and MS-TCC. (screenshot attached) Meanwhile, my display, Bluetooth, and WiFi seem to be functioning normally... which is a good thing as the rollback option is not available on any of those devices.

Anyone else seeing these driverless devices? (Driverless, in that the driver details button gives a message that "no driver files are req'd or have been loaded for this device.")

Attachments

• BT_devices.gif
    BT_devices.gif
    109.5 KB · Views: 750

Nicola

After the update I now have two new "Other" devices in my Device Manager: MS-ABTP and MS-TCC. (screenshot attached) Meanwhile, my display, Bluetooth, and WiFi seem to be functioning normally... which is a good thing as the rollback option is not available on any of those devices.

Anyone else seeing these driverless devices? (Driverless, in that the driver details button gives a message that "no driver files are req'd or have been loaded for this device.")
No, I don't see them

ptrkhh

Can you try to roll back the WiFi Driver? Some on answer.Microsoft.com Resetting fixed it, it doesn't seem to be widespread but it is affecting some users...
Try reinstalling the driver too. I mean, completely delete the old one. It fixed BT issue for me. Before that, it lost connection after a few minutes or so. Reinstalling the driver via Device Manager fixed it. Sometimes in-place update doesn't work that well.
flux still broken (freezes) for anyone else?
intel graphics driver version: 10.18.14.4029
I updated to 4080 driver (from Intel), and no issue with Flux so far. I was using Intel's 4029 before that, and there was no issue as well.

buers

Here, I do not see any improvement in WiFi performance. As a small benchmark, I copied a 10 GByte file (CIFS on a computer connected by LAN) once from a nearby location in the same room of the router and once through the ceiling. Result: 12.5 MByte/s and 4.8 MByte/s, no difference after firmware update. Especially the later value is significantly smaller than with other computers at the same location. Even a 20 € 100 MBit Wlan Bridge is transferring data at 8 MByte/s.

I also see very high Cpu usage during the transfer: system (pid 4) and interrupts add up to over 20%. Having nothing else started the cpu usage is all together over 25%. (btw. don't trust the value reported by resmon: the reported total is clearly much less than the sum of the processes shown - the perfmon value seems reasonable. I checked with procexp and other tools, including self written code). This CPU usage is *much* higher than what I have seen on any other computer under similar conditions.

Is there anything wrong with my setup?
Do you see similar performance and CPU usage?

BTW copying over Ethernet (40 MByte/s with the docking station) does not show high resource usage.

KGreb

I purchased the Microsoft wireless display adapter today. With all updates and firmware current, I saw no display on the adapter when connected. Disconnect occurred about 2 minutes after connected without display. No issues with multiple phones to display to the adapter.
The device manager showed a fault with something called "IWD bus enumerator" under system devices. Manually updating to latest Intel driver (4080) solved all issues.