What's new

System Hardware Update 24/10/2013 keeps showing up

LuckyL

After problems with the December update I performed a factory reset on my SP2. So far everything seems back to normal, however, the hardware update keeps showing up in Windows Update and now shows up in the update history as having been successfully installed 6 times.
I had the Intel display drivers installed and thought that this might be the cause but even after reverting to the original MS drivers, the HW update keeps being pulled done by WUS.
Anyone else experienced this?

After problems with the December update I performed a factory reset on my SP2. So far everything seems back to normal, however, the hardware update keeps showing up in Windows Update and now shows up in the update history as having been successfully installed 6 times.
I had the Intel display drivers installed and thought that this might be the cause but even after reverting to the original MS drivers, the HW update keeps being pulled done by WUS.
Anyone else experienced this?

Did you manually update the video drivers to the latest Intel ones? Windows update will try to restore them back to Microsoft drivers if you did.

I had that 103kb update appear three times, but it has given up now.
Windows Update Diagnostic reports multiple errors on my system, which I'm guessing is why this is happening.

Probably resolve itself once firmware is fixed up (factory reset won't reset the firmware, only the software)