What's new

System Preparation Tool after full-reset

durck

Dear all,
today I did a full-reset to factory status on my surface pro because I ordered the new surface pro 3. After the installation, before the user settings setup, a desktop screen with a Pop-up called "System Preparation Tool" is displayed. I only click at "OK" and the system reboots and continues with the user settings. Can someone tell me please how to skip this step with the "System Preparation Tool"?
Thank you in advance and best regards,
Dennis

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
What are you trying to do? what's the outcome your looking for.

Sysprep is used for resetting a machine to factory defaults... that sounds the same as Reset so that probably the tool being used to carry out the Reset.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/restore-refresh-or-reset-surface-pro.

Perhaps just turn it off or shutdown if its done the reset. Sounds like Reset would come back up to go thru normal *new* user setup.

The process is a little different between the versions but there are YouTube Videos on the "Surface Reset" process.

OP
D

durck

What are you trying to do? what's the outcome your looking for.

Sysprep is used for resetting a machine to factory defaults... that sounds the same as Reset so that probably the tool being used to carry out the Reset.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/warranty-service-and-recovery/restore-refresh-or-reset-surface-pro.

Perhaps just turn it off or shutdown if its done the reset. Sounds like Reset would come back up to go thru normal *new* user setup.

The process is a little different between the versions but there are YouTube Videos on the "Surface Reset" process.
Thanks for your fast answer. I expect exactly what is happening but I dont need and dont want this system preparation tool. I just use the option from the system recovery to reset my surface pro back to factory status. Any ideas how to get rid of this system preparation tool? And why is this displayed at all?