What's new

Systray 'Context Menu' issue

Epo

I'd like to know if it's only me or someone else is experiencing same problem.

Some of the applications place an icon on the Systray. Nothing special. But on my Surface Pro (128) some of them, when I right click, show context menu with "interpolated" fonts while others "native" fonts (see the attached pictures.) I noticed that those with native/nice looking fonts react correct, I mean, they let me choose any option it shows on their list and do what it suppose to do. Unfortunately on the context menu of that "interpolated" fonts when I click using pen or tap with my finger any option, the context menu disappears and nothing happens. I don't have to tell you how annoying it is, not to mention it simply doesn't let me operate on a specific option I'd like to choose.

Systray - normal fonts.png Systray - interpolated fonts.png

This, however, works normally when using mouse(!). If I try to do it using digital pen or by finger touch I experience the problem described above.

I tried many settings for the pen/touch but non of them helped a bit.

Please provide a useful information that can help me solving this.

Cheers

Ruffles

Does this have something to do with DPI scaling? Does it still happen if you change to 100%?

OP
Epo

Epo

Ruffles, man, you are right!
I don't get it but it really works after changing DPI to 100%. The icons are smaller but my visibility is still good so I'll live with it. (At least icons on systray don't look ugly ;)).

Now there is one more problem related with Total Commander... maybe you'll be able to help. My post is here: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=37343

Last edited:

Ruffles

Glad it worked for you. As for your other problem, I'm not sure but I suspect it has to do with the way the app is written. You have to specify what types of events you want your app to respond to such as mouse left click and right click etc. I would guess the developer did not code the app to listen for pen or touch events.

OP
Epo

Epo

So author of the Total Commander responded to my question:

"This is a known problem which will be fixed in TC 8.50. It happens because the Windows messages are sent in a slightly different way than when right clicking, which is confusing the menu handler."

However I don't have to wait for a new version of TC because I solved it by changing in Pen Tablet Properties the option Tablet PC Defined to Right Click. Now when I press and hold the pen button it acts like RMB.

Last edited: