What's new

Tablet mode : is there a way to increase size of some items ?

Nab

Hi,

I've installed windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3 and so far I quite enjoy it.

There's only one thing that feels a bit awkward from time to time is the tablet mode.

For instance, I find that the file explorer buttons size are a bit tiny to be hit by a finger and I find myself having to type few times before being able to hit the buttom I was aiming for...

So I had few thougts on what could improve this experience and was wondering if any solution already exist for these :

- Is there a way to increase button size in applications such as file explorer ? Or do gestures exists to ease the use of the app (backward, forward....) ?

- Similarly with the taskbar, I have all my oepn apps displayed... but way too small.

- Finally, do you have any browser suggestion that would be good for touch browsing ? I've used Edge but had quite a lot of trouble with it lately (random crash, unresponsive...) even though it was actually great at the very beginning. Chrome is not really optimal either....

I might come up with some more questions with time so I'll add them later.

Thanks,
N

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Setting the scaling is the preferred method.... Windows 10 sets the scaling to ~150% you can increase it to 200 to be the same as Windows 8.x

OP
N

Nab

Where would you do that ? Would it be automatically done when switching from desktop to tablet mode ?

thx

OP
N

Nab

So won't really help I guess, you don't want to change the setting every time you switch mode.

Thanks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Typically you keep the DPI setting across both modes. TH2 is adding additional touch functionality back into the OS so there are new features coming, but it will still be different from Windows 8.x.

kristalsoldier

Typically you keep the DPI setting across both modes. TH2 is adding additional touch functionality back into the OS so there are new features coming, but it will still be different from Windows 8.x.

Can anyone test drive this TH2? Or, is it a restricted circulation thing?